Sausage, eggs, cream cheese, and avocado. You can’t go wrong with these delicious breakfast egg wraps. They taste just like a regular breakfast wrap but without any of the carbs!
The journey to breakfast wrap perfection starts with frying up the chicken sausage in a hot pan. We recommend buying high-quality sausages that don’t contain many unnecessary extra ingredients—especially carbohydrates.
Once the sausage is cooked, it can be taken out of the pan and left to cool down. The next part of the journey involves making egg wraps. You can make them by cracking all of the eggs into a bowl and then beating them together. Eight eggs should make four egg wraps. To cook the wraps, place a quarter of the egg mixture into a hot pan at a time and cook the wraps until golden brown. To save time, you can make the egg wraps the night before and leave them in your fridge to cool overnight.
Assembling your breakfast egg wraps involves adding an equal amount of avocado, cream cheese, sausage, and peppers to each wrap and then rolling them uptight. If you want you can then cut them in halves or eat them whole.
Overall, this is a great recipe for those on a keto diet as most of the carbs that you would normally find in a breakfast wrap have been eliminated. Give them a go. Hopefully, you’ll discover your new favorite breakfast recipe!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap
- 12 ounce chicken sausage
- 8 large egg
- 2 medium avocado
- 8 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 teaspoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Cook the chicken sausages in a frying pan, then cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
2. In a large bowl, crack the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the eggs with a whisk.
4. In a nonstick frying pan over medium heat, add the butter then add the whisked eggs. Let cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Then flip over carefully and let the other side cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Slide the egg wrap off the frying pan and onto a plate.
6. Mash up the avocado and spread across the egg wrap. Then spread the cream cheese on top of that. Top with the diced jalapenos.
7. Unwrap the chicken sausages.
8. Place the chicken sausage on top of the avocado avocado and cream cheese.
9. Roll up the egg wrap by folding in the sides then folding it around the sausage.
10. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Breakfast Egg Wrap. Each serving comes out to be 609 calories, 46.9g fat, 3.8g net carbs, and 37.8g protein.
|12.00 ounce chicken sausage||667||35.5||0||0||0||81.3|
|8.00 large egg||629||41.8||3.2||0||3.2||55.3|
|2.00 medium avocado||601||55.5||31.1||24.5||6.6||7.1|
|8.00 tablespoon cream cheese||397||39.4||4.8||0||4.8||7.1|
|1.00 medium jalapeno pepper||4||0.1||1||0.4||0.6||0.1|
|4.00 teaspoon butter||136||15.3||0||0||0||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||609||46.9||10||6.2||3.8||37.8|