This BBQ mushroom recipe is like an open-faced burger! Easy to make with a rotisserie chicken mixed with low-carb BBQ sauce and cheddar cheese, topped with coleslaw, this is one tasty dinner!
I’ll make these for game days but with smaller mushroom caps and they go quick! Larger portobello mushrooms work great for a meal.
Yields 2 servings of Keto BBQ Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 large rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup low-carb bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounce coleslaw mix
- 1 ounce mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 drop liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F and mix up the ingredients for the coleslaw.
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl with the shredded rotisserie chicken, add the low-carb BBQ sauce and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until combined well.
4. Break the stem off the portobello mushroom caps. Remove the black gills. Drizzle the mushroom caps with olive oil.
5. Using the rotisserie chicken mixture, spoon it into the mushroom caps.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
7. Serve the mushroom caps with coleslaw. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto BBQ Stuffed Mushrooms. Each serving comes out to be 450 calories, 38.2g fat, 8.4g net carbs, and 16.4g protein.
|2.00 large portobello mushrooms||31||0.5||5.4||1.8||3.6||3|
|1.00 large rotisserie chicken||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 cup cheddar cheese||495||40.8||3.8||0||3.8||28|
|0.25 cup low-carb bbq sauce||23||0||4.6||0||4.6||0|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|4.00 ounce Coleslaw Mix||33||0||7||2.7||4.0||1.3|
|1.00 ounce mayonnaise||193||21.2||0.2||0||0.2||0.3|
|0.50 tablespoon apple cider vinegar||2||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|0.50 tablespoon lemon juice||1||0||0.4||0.1||0.4||0|
|0.50 drop liquid stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon celery seed||4||0.3||0.4||0.1||0.3||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||450||38.2||10.8||2.4||8.4||16.4|