You’re going to love this chicken and mushroom recipe. It’s keto-friendly and tastes delicious. It makes the perfect lunch or dinner on a cold winter day and can be whipped up quickly.
Chicken and mushrooms are a great flavor combination. When you add cream, Dijon mustard, garlic, and broth, the flavors go to the next level. It’s a rich and creamy delight that everyone will love.
The easiest way to make this soup is to use an instant pot. All you need to do is sauté the chicken, mushrooms, and garlic in butter and herbs. Once the chicken’s cooked, remove it and add the mustard, cream, and the rest of the ingredients to the instant pot and let that mixture simmer into a beautifully thick, creamy sauce. Add the chicken back in and serve.
This dinner provides a lot of flavors and when served with cauliflower rice is super low-carb. Although it’s best served hot straight out of the pot, it can be kept in the fridge for a few days or frozen for later use. This is a great dish, so make a large batch so you always have a quick meal on hand when you need it.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounce mushrooms, quartered
- 3 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 ounce boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Turn the Instant Pot on and to saute mode.
2. Add butter and let it melt. Add in the minced garlic and mushrooms. Stir until the mushrooms get tender. Add in the dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the diced chicken into the Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper. Add in the chicken broth and place the lid onto the Instant Pot. Set to manual function and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Release naturally once done cooking. Take the chicken out of the Instant Pot and set aside, leaving the mushrooms in.
5. Add in the heavy cream and dijon mustard. Stir together until combined well.
6. Let cook on sautee mode until the consistency gets thicker.
7. Take a bowl and remove around half of the liquid.
8. Stir the xanthan gum into the Instant Pot. Then add the liquid back into the pot. This will help to get the consistency thick. Add the chicken back into the pot once the consistency is thick.
9. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms. Each serving comes out to be 316 calories, 25.3g fat, 2.6g net carbs, and 21.2g protein.
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|10.00 ounce mushrooms||79||1.4||15||6.2||8.8||6.2|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|0.50 teaspoon dried thyme||2||0||0.4||0.2||0.2||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|24.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||973||60.8||0||0||0||115.4|
|0.25 cup chicken broth||4||0.1||0.3||0||0.3||0.4|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|1.00 tablespoon dijon mustard||9||0.5||0.9||0.6||0.3||0.6|
|0.25 teaspoon xanthan gum||4||0||0.9||0.9||0||0|
|Per Serving (/6)||316||25.3||3.9||1.4||2.6||21.2|