I based this off of the crust that’s from my 5 Minute Pizza recipe. Although this one will take longer than 5 minutes, it gives a viable way to make flatbread crust that’s dairy free. Although it’s made from mostly egg, the good news is that the egginess doesn’t seem to come through in taste. You can top it with any toppings you’d like to!
If you want to keep the toppings dairy free, there are many nut-based cheese alternatives that you can make. From macadamia nut spreads to cultured “cream cheese” made from coconut cream, a quick search online will give you tons of results to try out. Though they will be slightly higher carb, they can still be used as a substitute.
Personally I like to let it cool down in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. The crust will hold up much better once partially chilled, and it tends to bring the flavors out even more. As far as the BBQ Sauce goes – you can change it out how you want. The macros are slightly protein heavy, so if you need to bring the fat content up – you can always make a white sauce to serve with it.
Yields 4 servings of Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza
Dairy Free Pizza Crust
6 large Eggs
6 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese (omit for 2 tsp. coconut flour if going dairy free)
3 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to Taste
4 oz. Cheddar Cheese
6 oz. Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
4 tbsp. BBQ Sauce (recipe here)
4 tbsp. Rao’s Tomato Sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F and shred cheese. Set aside.
2. Using an immersion blender, combine all ingredients for the crust until very well mixed. It should be rather thick.
3. Spread dough out on a silpat using a silicone spatula. It’s too sticky to use your hands for (I tried it and it was a mess). Silicone really helps keep the dough from sticking on to everything. This will take you a few minutes to do, but your oven should be pre-heating in the meantime.
4. Once the crust is spread out evenly, place in the oven and bake on the top rack for 10 minutes.
5. Once done in the oven, flip the pizza over. I tried flipping it with a flipper, but ended up using my hands by holding 2 corners.
6. Top with your favorite toppings, then broil for an additional 3 minutes in the oven.
7. Slice and serve! Feel free to top with chives, spring onion, or other herbs/vegetables that match the toppings.
This makes 4 total servings of Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza. Each serving comes out to be 357 Calories, 24.5g Fats, 2.9g Net Carbs, and 24.5g Protein.
|Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|6 large Eggs||420||30||3||0||3||36|
|6 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese||125||8||0||0||0||11|
|3 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder||90||0||24||24||0||0|
|1 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|4 oz. Cheddar Cheese||460||38||2||0||2||27|
|6 oz. Rotisserie Chicken||170||8||0||0||0||23|
|1 tbsp. Mayonnaise||90||10||0||0||0||0|
|4 tbsp. BBQ Sauce||24.4||0||5.44||0||5.44||0|
|4 tbsp. Rao’s Tomato Sauce||40||4||2||1||1||1|
|Per Serving ( /4 )||356.6||24.5||9.1||6.3||2.9||24.5|