We’re continuing on with ketogenic recipes that are simple, easy, and have been staples of mine over the last 6 years. Generally speaking, keto does demand a bit more time in the kitchen than most other diets. You can’t just throw some store-bought meal into the oven or microwave, and it’s very hard to really enjoy the food when you make the same thing every day.
The other day, we were craving burgers – so I thought making one of my old favorites would be perfect to showcase, especially being in the state home to Juicy Lucys! Cheese stuffed bacon cheeseburger – it sounds so sinful in its own way, and rightly so. Since I started cooking for myself, I’ve mostly lived in small apartments that don’t allow for outdoor grills on the balcony. So, I mostly cook my meats in the oven or on the stove top and it’s no different here.
If you’re more of a griller, definitely feel free to grill the burgers – as I’m sure they’ll come out super awesome that way, too. The cheese melts on the inside and it extremely gooey by the time you’re done. Extra cheese on top never hurt, right? Plus, to finish it all off, we add a slice of bacon to really go the extra mile.
Yields 2 Cheese Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 8 oz. Ground Beef
- 2 slices Bacon, pre-cooked
- 1 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 oz. Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Butter
1. Season ground beef with all of the spices and mix together lightly.
2. Prepare the cheese by cubing 1 oz. Mozzarella, and slicing 2 oz. of Cheddar.
3. Form rough patties with the ground beef and place mozzarella inside, enclosing the cheese with the beef.
4. Heat 1 tbsp. butter (per burger) in a pan, and wait until bubbling and hot. Add burger to the pan.
5. Cover with a cloche and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Flip the burger and place cheddar cheese on top. Place cloche over the top again and let cook until desired temperature is reached, about 1-2 minutes more.
7. Chop bacon slice in half and place over the top of the burger. Enjoy!
This makes 2 Cheese Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers. Each burger comes out to be 614 Calories, 51g Fats, 1.5g Net Carbs, and 33g Protein.
|Cheese Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburgers||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|8 oz. Ground Beef||576||45||0||0||0||39|
|2 Slices Bacon||230||21||0||0||0||7|
|1 oz. Mozzarella Cheese||85||6||1||0||1||6|
|2 oz. Cheddar Cheese||230||19||1||0||1||14|
|1 tsp. Salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Pepper||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1 tbsp. Butter||100||11||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving ( /2 )||613.5||51||1.5||0||1.5||33|