I think I’m known as “The Psyllium Husk Guy” by now. I love the stuff – I find it fascinating what textures, flavors, and new creations I can make with it. It’s definitely changed my keto cooking, and this is no different. We use the absorptive power of psyllium husk to give us an extremely fast cooking pizza crust – and essentially an entire pizza in just about 5 minutes.
Nowadays keto and pizza can go hand in hand (just take a peek at this Pepperoni Pizza), but it’s usually a timely process and takes some preparation. Now, you can have your pizza and eat it too – in under 5 minutes!
Make sure that when you broil your pizza, you’re using an oven-safe pan. If you don’t have one, you can always transfer your pizza crust to a small cookie sheet to broil it on! My preference is to let the pizza fully cool afterward, otherwise you have a semi-soft crust that will bend when you pick it up.
Taste-wise, this is very close to the old microwavable pizza’s my mom used to buy when we were doing “diet” foods. I used to love them, and I always looked forward to having a microwavable pizza when I could. The crust is not super crisp and hard, but more bready and puffy. That said, it definitely holds up to grabbing a slice and eating it. Oh, and for those who think this will taste like eggs – it really doesn’t. The psyllium, bacon fat, and Italian seasoning really combat the eggy taste, and you don’t taste a hint of it at the end.
Yields 1 serving of 5 Minute Keto Pizza
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tsp. Frying Oil
- 1.5 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 tbsp. Rao’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Basil
1. Measure out all dry ingredients into a bowl or container that can fit your immersion blender.
2. Add 2 eggs and mix everything together using your immersion blender. Make sure you continue blending for about 30 seconds, allowing the psyllium husk to absorb some of the liquid.
3. Heat 2 tsp. frying oil (I used bacon fat) in a pan over medium-high heat. Once very hot, spoon your mixture into the pan and spread out into a circle shape.
4. Once the edges have started to set and look slightly brown, flip the pizza crust. You can optionally transfer it to a plate and flip from there. Turn the broiler on high in the oven.
5. Cook on the opposite side for 30-60 seconds, then turn the stove off. Spoon 3 tbsp. Rao’s (or other low carb) tomato sauce over the pizza and spread.
6. Add cheese, then put pizza into the oven to broil. Leave a crack open in the oven so you can keep an eye on it. Once it’s bubbling, remove it from the oven.
7. Serve with some freshly chopped basil over the top!
This makes a total of 1 5 Minute Keto Pizza. Each pizza comes out to be 459 Calories, 35g Fats, 3.5g Net Carbs, and 27g Protein.
|5 Minute Keto Pizza||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 large Eggs||140||10||1||0||1||12|
|2 tbsp. Parmesan Cheese||60||5||0||0||0||6|
|1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk||30||0||8||8||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|Salt to Taste||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 tsp. Frying Oil||77||9||0||0||0||0|
|1.5 oz. Mozzarella Cheese||127||9||1||0||1||9|
|3 tbsp. Rao’s Tomato Sauce||23||2||2||0.5||1.5||0|
|1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Basil||1||0||0||0||0||0|