Up your fat intake with these delicious burger bombs. Cheese stuffed inside sausage and wrapped in bacon! Dip them in your favorite sugar-free condiments and it tastes like it’s straight out of a take out window.
The best thing about these burger bombs are that they only require 3 main ingredients. I used raw sausage rounds for this recipe, but if you can’t find them, you can always take the skin off breakfast sausages and use the raw meat, after flattening them into small circles. While these are super simple, it does take about an hour in the oven for the bacon to become crispy – so plan ahead!
Yields 12 servings of Bacon Burger Bombs
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 cubes smoked cheddar cheese, (1-inch)
- 12 rounds sausage patties, raw, (1-ounce)
- To taste: cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lay out your sausage rounds on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Dust your sausage with cumin, onion powder, salt and pepper.
3. Place a piece of cheese in the middle of the sausage rounds.
4. Form a ball around the cheese with the sausage. Roll it in your hands to make a good circle shape.
5. Wrap your bacon around the sausage balls.
6. Bake at 350°F for an hour. Enjoy with your favorite burger condiments!
This makes a total of 12 servings of Bacon Burger Bombs. Each serving comes out to be 249.17 Calories, 20.31g Fats, 1.37g Net Carbs, and 14.38g Protein.
|Bacon Burger Bombs||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|12 slices (97.2 g) pork bacon||533||42.06||1.31||0||1.31||34.73|
|12 (1-inch) cubes smoked cheddar cheese||1374||113.32||10.51||0||10.51||77.8|
|12 (1-ounce) sausage patties||1083||88.29||4.6||0||4.6||60.04|