The Mediterranean influences shine through this dish with oregano flavored Greek chicken, a rainbow mix of low carb veg and tasty olives. Complemented with a tzatziki style cucumber and fresh mint yogurt dip perfect for dipping in chunks of chicken or roasted vegetables. Using skin-on chicken thighs gives a more succulent roast and ensures that the meat stays nice and juicy, plus you get a crispy skin to enjoy and up the fat content!
This easy sheet pan meal is great for a quick midweek dinner as cooking the chicken and vegetables together saves time and effort whilst letting the flavors combine and improve the finished result. Serve leftovers with a different salad the next day to keep things interesting and get a variety of nutrients from keto-friendly veg.
Yields 4 servings of Greek Chicken with Mint Yogurt Dip
- 20 ounces bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives
- 4 tablespoons full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub the chicken thighs with half of the olive oil, most of the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
2. Chop the zucchini, eggplant, and bell pepper into large bitesize chunks and coat with remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet with the chicken and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven to add the tomatoes and olives and bake again for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
4. To make the dip – In a bowl combine the Greek yogurt, cucumber, mint and season with remaining oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Serve the dish with crumbled feta cheese and a side salad if desired.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Greek Chicken with Mint Yogurt Dip. Each serving comes out to be 534.60 Calories, 43.64g Fats, 8.91g Net Carbs, and 23.62g Protein.
|Greek Chicken with Mint Yogurt Dip||calories||fat||carbs||fiber||net carbs||protein|
|20 ounces bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs||1417||126.6||0||0||0||70.9|
|4.00 teaspoon dried oregano||15||0.2||3.9||2.4||1.5||0.5|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 medium zucchini||33||0.8||5.8||2.2||3.7||2.5|
|1.00 medium eggplant||142||1||33.3||17||16.3||5.6|
|1.00 medium yellow bell pepper||31||0.2||7.3||1||6.2||0.6|
|0.50 cup cherry tomatoes||13||0.2||2.9||0.9||2||0.7|
|0.25 cup black olives||39||3.6||2.1||1.1||1||0.3|
|4 tablespoon full-fat plain Greek yogurt||54||2.8||1.7||0||1.7||5.1|
|0.25 cup cucumber||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.8||0.2|
|0.25 cup fresh mint||3||0||0.5||0.4||0.1||0.2|
|2.00 ounce feta cheese||150||12.1||2.3||0||2.3||8.1|