I love an easy Instant Pot recipe and this one tastes so good! Simply put the ingredients into the Instant Pot and let it cook your dinner! Essentially, all you have to do is make the cauliflower rice to pair with this dish.
This garden chicken recipe is a South American dish. The herbs, green olives, and pumpkin puree are a couple ingredients that give it an authentic taste when paired with the chicken and other vegetables in this dish. It comes out of the instant pot creamy and when plated, the cauliflower rice soaks up all these juices for an exquisite taste.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Garden Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 whole bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 16 ounce boneless + skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 ounce green olive, pitted
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 24 ounce cauliflower
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all ingredients. Heat an Instant Pot or pressure cooker on saute mode.
2. In the Instant Pot or pressure cooker, add avocado oil, diced celery, onion, and bay leaf. Saute until everything is tender.
3. Add in the oregano and chicken, then season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes uncovered or until the chicken is browned on both sides.
4. Add the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and pitted green olives. Stir well. Turn the pressure cooker on high, close the lid, and set to cook for 25 minutes.
5. In the meantime, make the cauliflower rice. Rice the cauliflower using a food processor – pulse florets of cauliflower until they resemble small crumbles. Work in batches if needed. In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the riced cauliflower. Cook this for 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Once pressure has released, open the lid and shred the chicken.
7. Put the shredded chicken back into the pot and squeeze the lemon into it. Stir well.
8. Serve the chicken with cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Garden Chicken with Cauliflower Rice. Each serving comes out to be 546 calories, 45.4g fat, 9.5g net carbs, and 24.6g protein.
|3.00 tablespoon avocado oil||361||40.9||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 medium yellow onion||41||0.2||9.5||1.3||8.2||1.3|
|4.00 medium celery||24||0.3||4.5||2.4||2.1||1.1|
|2.00 whole bay leaf||6||0.2||1.5||0.5||1||0.2|
|1.50 teaspoon fresh oregano||6||0.1||1.5||0.9||0.6||0.2|
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||649||40.5||0||0||0||76.9|
|0.50 cup pumpkin puree||42||0.3||9.9||3.6||6.4||1.4|
|1.00 cup chicken broth||15||0.5||1.1||0||1.1||1.6|
|6.00 ounce green olive||247||26.1||6.5||5.6||0.9||1.8|
|1.00 medium lemon||24||0.3||7.8||2.4||5.5||0.9|
|6.00 tablespoon butter||610||69||0.1||0||0.1||0.7|
|24.00 ounce cauliflower||156||3.4||27.9||15.7||12.3||12.3|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||546||45.4||17.6||8.1||9.5||24.6|