This Keto Zucchini Casserole is layer upon layer of delicious flavor. Simple to prepare in around 30 minutes, this is a perfect one pot meal for a busy family – or a meal for one with lots of leftovers to spare. Chock full of nutrients and low on carbs, this vegetarian delight will be a hit with the whole family. Baked to perfection with two different types of cheese, this is a melt in your mouth keto meal that is perfect sliced up for lunch the next day.
Zucchini is a versatile vegetable that contains vitamins A and C, it’s rich in manganese for brain function, and contains lutein which helps to keep your eyes strong and healthy as you age. This dish has a whopping four teaspoons of minced garlic to boost the immune system and it comes with nutmeg which promotes gut health, works on your digestion and is even used as a pain reliever.
A recipe that is high in protein with three eggs, heavy cream, and lashings of cheddar and parmesan cheese, the Keto Zucchini Casserole is a luxurious option for any low-carb lifestyle. Perfect with a crunchy salad on the side, or served as a side with a steak or chicken breast, this is an easy, nutritious meal you can add to your weekday rotation. Add a teaspoon of dried basil and top with fresh parsley to transport your taste buds to Italy any night of the week.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 large egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded + divided
- 2 tablespoon butter, sliced into 1/4″ thick pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped + for garnish
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine heavy cream, eggs, parmesan cheese, minced garlic, dried basil, ground nutmeg, and black pepper.
3. Stir this mixture to combine well.
4. In the greased baking sheet, add the sliced zucchinis and add half of the shredded cheddar cheese. Pour the cheesy mixture over the top.
5. Add the thick butter pieces to the pan.
6. Bake in the oven for 35 – 30 minutes. Take out and add the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese to the top of the dish and put back in the oven for 10 more minutes or until the cheese has melted.
7. Slice, garnish with the chopped parsley, serve, and enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Cheesy Zucchini Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 274 calories, 22.9g fat, 3.6g net carbs, and 13.5g protein.
|2.00 medium zucchini||65||1.6||11.7||4.3||7.3||5|
|0.33 cup heavy cream||267||28||2.1||0.0||2.1||2.2|
|3.00 large egg||236||15.7||1.2||0||1.2||20.7|
|0.25 cup grated parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|4.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||17||0.1||3.8||0.2||3.5||0.7|
|1.00 teaspoon dried basil||3||0||0.5||0.4||0.1||0.3|
|0.13 teaspoon ground nutmeg||2||0.1||0.2||0.1||0.1||0|
|1.50 cup cheddar cheese||742||61.2||5.7||0||5.7||42|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|Per Serving (/6)||274||22.9||4.4||0.9||3.6||13.5|