As you probably already know, I love pizza and all things pizza. And I can’t deny my love of meat. Why not combine the two in some scientific horror story and call it a meatza? PERFECT! This isn’t your traditional meatza though, it’s a fast and easy way to get lunch or dinner made in just about 30 minutes. Delicious crispy crust underneath, and it really takes no effort to make.
You’ll be thanking me for this one later, but probably hating me. Your burning desire to make this over and over will really get the best of you here! Why are you even still reading this? Go and try it, try it now – add pepperoni on top to make it even better! It’s got plenty of fat to sustain your hunger and keto diet.
This recipe and the photos are courtesy of reddit/r/ketorecipes.
- 12-ounce can chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup low-carb tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Dump that chicken into a bowl and mash it up. I mean really mash it. It needs to be extremely fine or else you’ll have a chunky crust…and nobody likes a chunky crust.
3. Add the egg in with the chicken, along with all the spices and Parmesan cheese.
4. Mix it up well until there’s no more streaks of eggs showing. All the spices are to taste, so if you need a stronger flavor, then add more. I usually like strong flavors, but I just eyeball it and go with how I feel.
5. Throw it into a pizza pan and crush that sucker down with your fork, this is how it’ll look:
6. Put it in the oven for 15, until you see that it’s set on the top. It will have a little bit of browning around the edges – that’s when you know.
7. Smother it with sauce.
8. Cover this bad boy with cheese. You’re worth it!
9. Bake for another 15 minutes.
I used Rao’s low carb sauce for this thing, so it only comes out to 4.5g net carbs for the entire jar. It is keto after all so don’t forget to add carbs from the spices, kids!
Keep in mind that the macros are for the whole pizza, so usually you’ll go with about 1/2 or 1/4 of the whole pie for yourself, depending on how hungry you are.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Easy Chicken Meatza. Each serving comes out to be 446 Calories, 25.52g Fats, 6.75g Net Carbs, and 46.07g Protein.
|Easy Chicken Meatza||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|12-ounce can chicken breast||270||6||0||0||0||54|
|1 large egg||72||4.75||0.36||0||0.36||6.28|
|½ tablespoon oregano||4||0.06||1.03||0.6||0.43||0.14|
|1 teaspoon thyme||4||0.1||0.9||0.5||0.4||0.13|
|1 teaspoon rosemary||4||0.18||0.77||0.5||0.27||0.06|
|1 teaspoon basil||3||0.06||0.67||0.5||0.17||0.32|
|1 teaspoon garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|1 teaspoon pepper||6||0.07||1.47||0.6||0.87||0.24|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese||105||6.96||3.48||0||3.48||7.11|
|¾ cup low-carb tomato sauce||120||10.5||6||1.5||4.5||1.5|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese||300||22.35||2.19||0||2.19||22.17|