I have never made such a quick and straightforward soup, until this dill pickle soup. It’s incredibly easy and tastes fantastic. The best part of this is if you let it cool, it tastes exactly like McDonald’s ‘Big Mac’ sauce and would be great on a bunless burger.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to make, yet it’s great for the long winter nights in front of the fire! I used xanthan gum to thicken the soup…and I found that mixing it with olive oil before the soup has a better thickening effect than without the fat.
If you can’t find xanthan gum, you could always leave it as a more ‘liquid’ soup – or even add a little more cheese as that also helps thicken it!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Dill Pickle Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 90 grams finely chopped dill pickle
- ½ cup pickle juice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup crumbled bacon
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a deep pot, heat up the butter and minced garlic.
2. Add in your parsley, celery, onions and chopped pickles, sauteing for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in your pickle juice, chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
4. In a separate smaller bowl, quickly stir together your olive oil and xanthan gum. Immediately pour it into the soup.
5. Stir frequently until the soup begins to thicken.
6. Mix in your bacon bits and cheddar cheese.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Dill Pickle Soup. Each serving comes out to be 517.5 Calories, 49.83g Fats, 3.94g Net Carbs, and 14.09g Protein.
|Keto Dill Pickle Soup||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4||0.01||0.93||0.1||0.83||0.18|
|1 teaspoon dried parsley||1||0.03||0.25||0.1||0.15||0.13|
|40 grams celery stalk, chopped||6||0.07||1.19||0.6||0.59||0.28|
|½ small onion (35 g), chopped||14||0.04||3.27||0.6||2.67||0.39|
|90 grams finely chopped dill pickle||11||0.27||2.17||0.9||1.27||0.45|
|¼ cup chicken broth||4||0.13||0.27||0||0.27||0.4|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.87||6.76||0||6.76||6.76|
|3 tablespoons olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon xanthan gum||0||0||1||1||0||0|
|½ cup crumbled bacon (12 slices)||533||42.06||1.31||0||1.31||34.73|
|½ cup shredded cheddar cheese||228||18.82||1.9||0||1.9||12.92|