This is one of my favorite sides to make, it pretty much goes with anything you want to eat. For one, I just love green beans – but when you add butter, garlic and Parmesan it makes it irresistible.
These garlic parmesan green beans are seriously tasty, they’ll leave your plate just as fast as they touch it! I like the crunchy texture, so I don’t fully cook my beans when I’m steaming them.
You might be asking “How do I choose my beans at the store?” Easy! Take your time to pick the best looking, non-browned, plump beans – it goes a really long way in the final product.
This recipe is courtesy of A Sweet Pea Chef.
Yields 3 servings of Crisp Garlic Parmesan Green Beans.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Find a large bowl and fill it with water and ice. Set this aside for blanching the green beans.
2. In a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil.
3. Add your beans and steam for 3-4 minutes.
4. Immediately drain the green beans and add them to the ice water until completely cool.
5. While waiting for your greenbeans to cool, start melting butter in a pan on medium heat. Add your olive oil and garlic.
6. Drain the green beans as best as you can and rest them on paper towels.
7. Once the garlic is starting to sizzle, add the green beans to the pan and toss them to coat in the oils.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and remove from the heat.
9. Add the parmesan and pair with your favorite main course.
This makes a total of 3 servings of Garlic Parmesan Green Beans. Each serving comes out to be 221.05 Calories, 9.16g Fats, 7.47g Net Carbs, and 3.44g Protein.
|Garlic Parmesan Green Beans||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 pound fresh green beans||409.15||1||31.57||12.2||19.37||8.29|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese||21||1.39||0.7||0||0.7||1.42|
|2 cloves garlic, minced||9||0.03||1.98||0.1||1.88||0.38|
|½ teaspoon black pepper||3||0.04||0.74||0.3||0.44||0.12|