Last night was one of the rare occasions I get to cook for myself. So, today’s meal is something that you’d see me make for myself – something I enjoy. It’s a single serving of pure deliciousness served up in a bowl.
I probably chose the wrong bowl for the photo in hindsight. I recently went thrift store shopping and got a bargain on a bunch of things I plan to incorperate into the photos I take, and this was one of them. The cream sauce just missed the lip of the bowl (if you look in the picture you can see it hanging out about 1/2 an inch under the lip of the bowl). It was rather a shame because I thought it’d look much better than it ended up.
It will be a rather creamy/soupy recipe, being that there is a lot of liquid to go with the chicken – but trust me, it is super easy to eat and delicious with every single bite you take. You’re welcome to cut back on the chicken if you’d like to cut back on the protein, or use chicken thighs instead of breast – that was all I had on hand when I was making this.
So, what’s your favorite chicken recipe? Let us know in the comments below!
Yields 1 total serving of Creamy Tarragon Chicken
- 5 ounces chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces mushrooms
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the chicken into cubes and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. Olive Oil in a pan until hot over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the pan and brown on each side.
3. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
4. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until browned. Once browned, add onion and let cook until translucent.
5. Add chicken broth to the pan and allow to reduce slightly. About 3-4 minutes.
6. Add heavy cream, grain mustard, dried tarragon, and salt and pepper (to taste) to the pan. Mix together, then add the chicken into the pan. Let this reduce slightly. About 3-5 more minutes.
7. Serve up and enjoy a quick, easy, and delicious meal!
This makes a single serving. The totals come out to be 490 Calories, 40g Fats, 5g Net Carbs, and 32g Protein.
|Creamy Tarragon Chicken||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|5 oz. Chicken Breast||134||2||0||0||0||29|
|1 tbsp. Olive Oil||120||14||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 small Onion, sliced thin||7||0||2||0||2||0|
|3 oz. Mushrooms||19||0||3||1||2||3|
|1/2 cup Chicken Broth||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 cup Heavy Cream||200||24||1||0||1||0|
|1 tsp. Grain Mustard||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Dried Tarragon||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste||2||0||0||0||0||0|