One-pan dinners are great – they are quick to make and leave a minimal mess to clean up afterward. This chicken skillet meal is filled with crunchy vegetables, spicy jalapenos, and a creamy sauce! It’s one of my favorites to make year-round, but would be perfect for cooler nights where you just want something warm and homey. Plus, it’s sure to give you leftovers – easy to grab for lunch the next day or dinner later in the week.
If you’re not a fan of spicy, you can de-seed the jalapeno peppers or stick to a milder pepper like a poblano. If you’re looking for a side dish, this would be great over some cauliflower rice, but keep an eye on the carb count. The recipe includes plenty of broccoli in it, so you shouldn’t find the need to add much more vegetables.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Jalapeno Chicken Skillet Meal
- 16 ounce boneless + skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounce broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded + diced
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
1. Gather and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine the seasonings: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined well.
3. Add olive oil to a skillet on medium heat.
4. Add the seasoning mixture onto the raw chicken.
5. Add the chicken thighs to the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove the chicken and set aside.
6. Add butter, broccoli, onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic to the skillet.
7. Stir this together and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, and cream cheese to the vegetables and stir together. Lower the temperature to low.
9. Stir together until well combined. Add half of the shredded cheese and stir well.
10. Add the cooked chicken to the skillet then add the rest of the shredded cheese on top.
11. Don’t stir and put a lid over the skillet. Let this simmer for 7-8 minutes.
12. Garnish with jalapeno peppers and diced onions.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Jalapeno Chicken Skillet Meal. Each serving comes out to be 523 calories, 40.2g fat, 9.4g net carbs, and 31.2g protein.
|16.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||649||40.5||0||0||0||76.9|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon cumin||8||0.5||0.9||0.2||0.7||0.4|
|0.50 teaspoon chili powder||4||0.2||0.7||0.5||0.2||0.2|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon black pepper||3||0||0.7||0.3||0.4||0.1|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||12||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.1|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|0.50 medium red onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|1.50 medium jalapeno pepper||7||0.1||1.5||0.6||0.8||0.2|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|6.00 tablespoon heavy cream||303||32.1||2.4||0||2.4||2.5|
|0.25 cup chicken broth||4||0.1||0.3||0||0.3||0.4|
|2.00 ounce cream cheese||194||19.3||2.3||0||2.3||3.5|
|1.00 cup cheddar cheese||495||40.8||4||0.0||3.8||28.0|
|0.50 medium jalapeno pepper||2||0||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|0.25 medium red onion||10||0||2.4||0.3||2.1||0.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||523||40.2||13.9||4.5||9.4||31.2|