I love being able to whip up a keto salad dressing from scratch with my emulsion blender! Even if I don’t have my homemade ketchup on hand for this recipe, it only takes a few minutes more to make it first. Keeping my fermented ketchup or mayo (which last quite a while) on hand really makes this a cinch! They are the base for most of my salad dressings. The Catalina is one of our favorites. It has a tangy sweet taste that is both subtle and rich. It goes well with just about any kind of salad and also makes a nice dip for a veggie tray.
makes 1 ½ cups
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered Stevia
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients into emulsion blender container.
2. Start with emulsion blender touching the bottom of the container. Blend for about 30 seconds until mixture begins to emulsify.
3. Once mixture has begun to emulsify, you can move the blender up and down until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
4. Pour into glass jar and refrigerate to let the flavors meld. If you used the homemade ketchup recipe, the dressing will last for several months. Otherwise, it will last for 2-3 weeks.
Per 1 Tbsp. this comes out to be: 42.65 Calories, 4.5g Fats, 0.38g Net Carbs, and 0.08g Protein.
|Catalina Style Dressing||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup olive oil||955||108||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup ketchup||27.6||0.15||6.12||1.26||4.86||1.56|
|¼ cup apple cider vinegar||13||0||0.56||0||0.56||0|
|¼ cup diced onion||16||0.04||3.74||0.7||3.04||0.44|
|½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce||2||0||0.55||0||0.55||0|
|½ teaspoon smoked paprika||10||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/8 teaspoon powdered Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|