The main ingredients in this skillet are the sausage and cabbage, but there are many more ingredients to bring this skillet to a full and healthy meal. Freshly minced garlic, red wine vinegar, and dijon mustard give this skillet meal the exact thing it would be missing if these ingredients weren’t in there.
This is all then seasoned with delicious seasonings and topped with fresh parsley!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Cabbage Sausage Skillet
- 6 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 14 ounce pork sausage, smoked + thinly sliced
- 480 gram green cabbage, cored + sliced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1. Gather and prepare all the ingredients. Cut up the smoked sausage.
2. In a frying pan over medium to high heat, add half of the butter and onion. Fry until the onion is translucent about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add minced garlic and stir. Then, add red wine vinegar and mix until combined well.
4. Move the onion to the sides of the pan and add the sausage to the middle. Cook about 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Add the other half of the butter and mustard to the pan along with cabbage. Top it off with paprika, salt and pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
6. Stir well and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Cabbage Sausage Skillet. Each serving comes out to be 522 calories, 44.7g fat, 7.7g net carbs, and 20.8g protein.
|6.00 tablespoon butter||610||69||0.1||0||0.1||0.7|
|0.50 medium red onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|4.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||17||0.1||3.8||0.2||3.5||0.7|
|2.00 tablespoon red wine vinegar||6||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|14.00 ounce pork sausage||1290||108.2||5.6||0||5.6||73.5|
|480.00 gram green cabbage||120||0||27.8||12.0||15.8||6.1|
|1.00 tablespoon dijon mustard||9||0.5||0.9||0.6||0.3||0.6|
|1.00 teaspoon paprika||6||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes||3||0.2||0.5||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|0.25 cup fresh parsley||5||0.1||1||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Per Serving (/4)||522||44.7||11.4||3.8||7.7||20.8|