This keto turkey Jalapeno chili has just the right amount of spice, flavor, and heat from an abundant mix of nutritious and delicious ingredients. It includes cauliflower rice to help thicken it, add nutrition, and bulk out the meal – so no side is needed!
There’s a reason chili has remained a firm favorite amongst families for generations. Hearty, warming, and able to fill up even the hungriest of tummies, chili is a cost-effective way to feed a large group of people while tasting delicious. It wouldn’t be a chili without it being packed full of spices and flavors!
Like stews and soups, chili can be customized exactly to your preferences. Our recipe calls for ground turkey, but you can always substitute it for ground chicken or ground beef if needed. As long as you add in a generous amount of herbs and spices, you can also throw in leftover vegetables from the back of your fridge, or any other low-carb ingredients you want to include.
One of the best parts of chili is how warming it is—and we don’t just mean temperature warm. The addition of cayenne pepper, jalapeno peppers, and smoked paprika can bring the heat, and if you want to turn it up even more, why not add in some fresh chili or chili flakes? And while chili is perfectly delicious served on its own, we think it makes the perfect accompaniment to cauliflower rice, which is able to soak up all the lovely flavors. Top it off with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream, and you’ll be good to go.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Turkey Jalapeno Chili
- 3/4 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounce ground turkey
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounce cauliflower rice
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Chop bell peppers and slice jalapenos.
2. Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add in the ground turkey and season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cook on one side, browning slightly.
3. Add in the chopped bell peppers and sliced jalapenos and cook for a few minutes to soften.
4. Add the chicken broth and tomato paste. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
5. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, cumin, and paprika then stir to mix in well. Bring the chili up to a boil.
6. Add in the cauliflower rice, then reduce the heat to simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower rice is tender.
7. Remove a portion of the chili and mix in the sour cream to incorporate.
8. Once mixed thoroughly, stir back into the pot with the rest of the chili to thicken.
9. Serve with cheddar cheese sprinkled over the top and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Turkey Jalapeno Chili. Each serving comes out to be 535 calories, 39.2g fats, 8.0g net carbs, and 36.6g protein.
|0.75 medium red bell pepper||27||0.3||5.2||1.8||3.4||0.9|
|0.75 medium green bell pepper||17||0.2||4||1.5||2.6||0.7|
|2.00 medium jalapeno pepper||9||0.1||2||0.8||1.1||0.3|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|12.00 ounce ground turkey||878||59.4||0||0||0||85.4|
|2.00 tablespoon tomato paste||27||0.2||6.2||1.4||4.9||1.4|
|2.00 cup chicken broth||30||1.1||2.2||0||2.2||3.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|0.25 teaspoon cayenne pepper||1||0.1||0.3||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|0.25 teaspoon cumin||2||0.1||0.2||0.1||0.2||0.1|
|1.00 teaspoon smoked paprika||6||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|4.00 ounce cauliflower rice||28||0.3||5.7||2.3||3.4||2.2|
|3.00 tablespoon sour cream||85||8.3||2||0||2||1.1|
|0.50 cup cheddar cheese||247||20.4||1.9||0||1.9||14|
|Per Serving (/3)||535||39.2||11.0||3.0||8.0||36.6|