This coleslaw packs a punch! It’s a spicy, tangy, and creamy but also very simple to make side dish. Buffalo Coleslaw is not for the faint of heart, it takes traditional coleslaw and kicks it up a few notches. This side dish is perfect for summer BBQ’s.
The dressing combines spicy hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, and some mayonnaise. I think a buffalo style sauce is the best for this, but you could make a spicy coleslaw with any pepper sauce. You might want to adjust the amount if using a different brand. Taste the dressing before mixing it in with your cabbage to be sure.
Buffalo Coleslaw is great fresh when the cabbage is still crunchy, but I’ve held this for a couple of days and found that it held up well even as the leaves start to soften in the sauce. This recipe yields 6 generous 1 cup servings of coleslaw and it’s perfect to serve along with Low-Carb Crispy Fried Chicken, or Perfectly Crisp Baked Chicken Wings.
Yields 6 (1 cup) servings of Buffalo Coleslaw
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup hot sauce, like Frank’s
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ large green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large ribs celery, finely diced
- ½ medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1. In a medium size bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a large mixing bowl toss together the green cabbage, celery, white onion, half the chives, and half the blue cheese.
3. Add the dressing to the cabbage and toss together.
4. Serve the coleslaw with a drizzle of hot sauce, and the remaining chives and blue cheese sprinkled on top.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Buffalo Coleslaw. Each serving comes out to be 179 Calories, 13.49g Fats, 5.46g Net Carbs, and 5.46g Protein.
|Buffalo Coleslaw||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|¼ cup mayonnaise||374||41.17||0.31||0||0.31||0.53|
|¼ cup hot sauce (Franks)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup apple cider vinegar||13||0||0.56||0||0.56||0|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0.02||2.25||0.3||1.95||0.51|
|½ teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ large (624 g) green cabbage||156||0.62||36.19||15.6||20.59||7.99|
|2 large ribs (128 g) celery||20||0.22||3.8||2||1.8||0.88|
|½ medium (56 g) white onion||22||0.06||5.14||0.9||4.24||0.61|
|2 tablespoons (6 g) chives||2||0.04||0.26||0.1||0.16||0.2|
|1 cup (135 g) crumbled blue cheese||477||38.8||3.16||0||3.16||28.29|