We’ve all seen keto stuffed peppers and stuffed jalapenos (of course, making one of my favorites – jalapeño poppers). Now it’s time for a stuffed zucchini! The texture of the zucchini after being roasted will still have a nice bite that stands up to the cheesy gooey filling inside. It’s a perfect lunch for you to have when you want something a little out of the ordinary.
The filling on the inside is just perfect and really comes together with all of the flavors. It’s almost a chicken vegetable medley with cheese and sour cream holding everything together. If your macros can fit, I certainly advise to add bacon as it’s a perfect addition to this. Aside from adding extra sour cream, you could do a light drizzle of ranch on top just to make the flavors pop that much more!
Yields 2 servings of Broccoli Chicken Zucchini Boats
- 2 large (246 g) zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broccoli
- 6 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 stalk green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and cut the zucchini you’re using in half lengthwise. The longer the zucchini the better for this recipe.
2. Using a spoon, scoop out most of the zucchini until you’re left with a shell about ½ – 1 cm thick.
3. Pour 1 tbsp. of melted butter into each zucchini boat, season with salt/pepper and place them in the oven. This allows the zucchini to cook down a little while you prepare the filling. This should take about 20 minutes.
4. Shred your rotisserie chicken using two forks to pull the meat apart. Measure out 6 oz. and put the rest in the refrigerator for another meal. A chicken, bacon, and ranch salad is perfect for lunch!
5. Cut up your broccoli florets until they’re bite sized.
6. Combine the chicken and broccoli with sour cream to keep them moist and creamy. Season in this step as well.
7. Once the zucchini has had a chance to cook, take them out and add your chicken and broccoli filling.
8. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top of your chicken and broccoli and pop them back into the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning.
9. Garnish with chopped green onion and enjoy with more sour cream or mayo!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Broccoli Chicken Zucchini Boats. Each serving comes out to be 492.5 Calories, 32.28g Fats, 10.74g Net Carbs, and 39.23g Protein.
|Broccoli Chicken Zucchini Boats||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 large (246 g) zucchini||110||2.07||20.09||6.5||13.59||7.82|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese||344||28.33||2.63||0||2.63||19.45|
|1 cup broccoli||31||0.34||6.04||2.4||3.64||2.57|
|6 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken||245||6.07||0||0||0||47.67|
|2 tablespoons sour cream||48||4.64||1.11||0||1.11||0.59|
|1 stalk (12 g) green onion||3||0.06||0.69||0.2||0.49||0.12|