Easy entertaining and keto usually don’t go hand in hand. But, these are so easy and straightforward to make that they will be a new go-to when you’re in a pinch and need a quick appetizer. For their small size, they’re really sweet, smokey, and packed full of flavor. They’ll be a new crowd favorite!
Even better, they’re perfect for snacking on for the upcoming Super Bowl, and everyone you serve them to will surely enjoy these little weenies as they’re watching the game.
If you have kids, these will be a great way to get them into the kitchen. It’s a really simple recipe to put together, so having a little helper around to get them inspired would be awesome. Plus, they get a great little treat to reward themselves with afterward which they’ll love!
Once they’re all done, I usually sprinkle a little parmesan cheese over the top to give an extra hint of saltiness. Then, I quickly chop spring onion and lay those over the top for a contrast in flavor. Served with some homemade ranch dressing, and you’ll be asking yourself why you’ve never made these before.
Yields 24 total BBQ Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 24 Lit’l Smokies
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons Ruled.me BBQ Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Start by chopping 6 slices of bacon into quarter-pieces. In total, you should have 24 quarter-slices of bacon. Place a little smokie on top of the slice of bacon.
2. Roll the little smokie up in the bacon so that there is a small amount of overlap.
3. Stick a toothpick into the overlapping piece and set on a cookie sheet covered with foil.
4. Repeat the process for all of the smokies and place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
5. Take the smokies out of the oven and use a basting brush to brush BBQ sauce on the little smokies. They should be coated quite well.
6. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
8. Serve on a platter. Feel free to sprinkle some parmesan cheese and chopped spring onion over them.
This makes 4 servings of 6 BBQ Bacon Wrapped Smokies. Each serving comes out to be 242.27 Calories, 18.61g Fats, 2.67g Net Carbs, and 14.25g Protein.
|BBQ Bacon Wrapped Smokes||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|24 Lit’l Smokies||672||53||5||0||5||38|
|6 slices bacon||266||21.03||0.66||0||0.66||17.36|
|3 tablespoons Ruled.me BBQ Sauce||31.08||0.39||6.51||1.47||5.07||1.62|