Pork wrapped in pork and then topped with some pork. Sounds like a good idea, right? Well it is! The mustard tones that come through in the marinade really give a taste that’ll keep you coming back. The deep flavors that get imparted in both the bacon and the tenderloin are fantastic, and the twang of the mustard slightly comes through after each few bites.
Since the protein is a little out of whack on these, I decided to get more use out the Bacon Jam I had made recently. I stuck about 1 1/2 Tbsp. on the top of the pork and spread it on. It was absolutely fantastic! I also served this with a side of Bacon Infused Sugar Snap Peas to get my vegetables and some extra fat in.
Though I used sugar free maple syrup, feel free to omit this. I wanted that brown sugar taste from the maple, and it certainly came through – Torani does a great job with their flavorings and if you haven’t tried them yet I suggest you give them a go!
Yields 5 Total Servings
- 2.2 pounds pork tenderloins
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Torani Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage
1. Mix together 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard, 2 Tbsp. Torani Sugar Free Maple Syrup, 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce, 1 tsp. Minced Garlic, 1 tsp. Liquid Smoke, 1 tsp. Dried Rosemary, 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, 1/4 tsp. Cayenne, and 1/4 tsp. Dried Sage.
2. Get your pork tenderloins out and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Add the pork tenderloins to a Ziploc bag.
4. Pour your marinade into the Ziploc bag and spread the marinade onto the tenderloins. Make sure every inch of tenderloin gets some of the marinade. Put this in the fridge for 3-5 hours.
5. Remove your pork tenderloins from the fridge once finished and preheat your oven to 350F.
6. On a foiled baking sheet, wrap your tenderloins in bacon. For me, this was about 5 slices per tenderloin.
7. Bake the tenderloins for 60 minutes, and then broil the bacon on the outside for 5-10 minutes. Be careful that the bacon doesn’t burn.
8. Wrap the tenderloins in the foil on the baking sheet and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
9. Slice and serve!
|Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 2 lb. Pork Tenderloins||1120||48||0||0||0||184|
|10 Slices Bacon||420||32||0||0||0||30|
|2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard||30||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 Tbsp. Sugar Free Maple Syrup||80||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce||10||0||0||0||0||2|
|1 tsp. Minced Garlic||5||0||1||0||1||0|
|1 tsp. Liquid Smoke||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Dried Rosemary||4||0||1||1||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Black Pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Cayenne||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Dried Sage||1||0||0||0||0||0|