I love food that makes me nostalgic for travel. This combination of greens, onions, and cheese are hearty and colorful. It reminds me of a winter trip that I embarked upon the Sonoma coastline several years ago. In Santa Rosa, we stopped at a rustic restaurant that served salads similar to this.
With minimal prep time, the Arugula & Caramelized Onion Salad is great for weekly food prep or a family dinner. As long as you store the salad dressing separately from the salad mix, this is good for a few days after preparation.
Yields 6 servings of Arugula and Caramelized Onion Salad.
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon Swerve
- ¼ cup field greens
- 1/8 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat pan on the stove. Melt butter in pan.
2. Add onions and Swerve to the pan.
3. Cook onions until brown.
4. Remove pan from stove and cool.
5. Mix field lettuce, baby arugula, slivered almonds, and crumbled feta into a salad bowl.
6. Place caramelized onions on top of salad mix.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar and olive oil together.
8. Pour vinegar and oil salad dressing on top of salad and onions.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Arugula & Caramelized Onion Salad. Each serving comes out to be 135.13 Calories, 13.19g Fats, 2.12g Net Carbs, and 1.86g Protein.
|Arugula and Caramelized Onion Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 cups baby arugula||15||0.4||2.19||1||1.19||1.55|
|1 teaspoon Swerve||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup field greens||2.3||0||0.4||0.2||0.2||0.2|
|1/8 cup slivered almonds||63.5||5.5||2.4||1.4||1||2.4|
|1 medium onion||41||0.22||9.5||1.3||8.2||1.3|
|¼ cup feta cheese||99||8||1.5||0||1.5||5.3|
|3 tablespoons olive oil||358||41||0||0||0||0|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar||28||0||5.4||4.8||0.6||0.2|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||24||0||0||0||0.2|