We love this sirloin steak with lemon walnut green beans dish, and we think you will too. Indulge your taste buds with this flavorful combination that offers a perfect balance of tender sirloin steak cooked to perfection, complemented by the crunch of walnuts and the vibrant freshness of green beans. This dish is a delicious and protein-packed meal that will satisfy all steak lovers.
Prepare this scrumptious meal by heating a frying pan over high heat and adding butter. Season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides, then carefully place it in the hot pan. Cook the steak for a few minutes per side until it reaches your desired temperature. Once cooked, remove the steak from the pan and let it rest, covering it with a plate or aluminum foil.
Next, place the green beans in the same pan and cook them for a few minutes. Once the beans are sizzling, add the chopped walnuts and lemon to the pan, and continue cooking until they begin to look golden.
Season the beans and walnuts with salt and pepper or more lemon to taste. Finally, serve the juicy steak alongside the vibrant green beans and crunchy walnuts. Enjoy!
Yields 1 serving of Sirloin Steak with Lemon Walnut Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounce sirloin steak
- 3 ounce green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. If preferred, wash and trim green beans. Season steak(s) with salt and pepper.
2. Add butter to a pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in the steak and fry until browned on both sides. A few minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steak. Once finished, set aside and wrap in foil to rest.
3. In the same pan, add green beans and season with salt and pepper.
4. Cook green beans until crisp, but tender. Add in the walnuts and lemon zest and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.
5. Plate the green beans and steak. Pour any pan drippings over the top and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Sirloin Steak with Lemon Walnut Green Beans. The serving comes out to be 631 calories, 44.1g fats, 4.9g net carbs, and 49.7g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|6.00 ounce sirloin steak||413||23.8||0||0||0||45.9|
|3.00 ounce green beans||30||0.2||6.7||2.7||4||1.6|
|2.00 tablespoon walnuts||85||8.5||1.8||0.9||0.9||2|
|0.50 teaspoon lemon zest||0||0||0.2||0.1||0.1||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|