I have had my fair share of salads this year and I figured it is time to change it up a bit. I made this salad with hot shrimp and a hot dressing.
Serving salads from cold to hot actually changes up the flavor a lot. The hot dressing includes bacon fat, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard warmed to perfection!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Shrimp Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- 6 ounce spring mix
- 2 ounce bacon, chopped
- 2 large hard boiled egg, chopped
- 16 ounce shrimp, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon fat, or olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Wash and dry the spring mix and plate.
3. In a frying pan on medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Once crisp, remove from pan and lay on paper towels. Reserve the bacon fat.
4. Top the plated spring mix with chopped hard-boiled eggs and bacon pieces.
5. Rinse the shrimp and peel. Dry with a paper towel. Melt the butter over high heat and add the shrimp. Fry for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are bright pink and just cooked through.
6. Top the spring mix with the shrimp and grated parmesan cheese.
7. Now, make the dressing. In a saucepan on low to medium heat, heat up the bacon fat and whisk in the apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard. If you don’t have enough reserved bacon fat, you can use olive oil instead.
8. Top the salad with the salt and pepper to taste and the bacon fat dressing. Serve warm and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Shrimp Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing. Each serving comes out to be 516 calories, 40.9g fat, 2.2g net carbs, and 33.6g protein.
|6.00 ounce Spring Mix||48||0.7||8.9||3.4||5.4||3.7|
|2.00 ounce bacon||302||26.5||0.0||0.0||0||15.1|
|2.00 large hard-boiled egg||155||10.6||1.1||0||1.1||12.6|
|16.00 ounce shrimp||386||2.3||0||0||0||91.2|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|1.00 ounce grated parmesan cheese||122||8.1||1.2||0||1.2||10.9|
|0.50 cup bacon fat||926||103.2||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup apple cider vinegar||13||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|1.00 tablespoon dijon mustard||9||0.5||0.9||0.6||0.3||0.6|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||516||40.9||3.2||1||2.2||33.6|