I love pairing different ingredients together to create a dish, but what I love even more is pairing together unique seasonings and spices to make the dish that much more flavorful.
The main ingredients in this are, of course, pork belly and brussels sprouts. But what really pulls the flavor out is the seasonings. Get the soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, oil, and green onion out and ready!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Asian Pork Belly Brussels Sprouts
- 16 ounce pork belly
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounce brussels sprouts
- 3 medium green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Cut pork belly into small, bite sized pieces.
3. Rinse and cut the brussels sprouts in half.
4. Over medium to high heat, add the pork belly pieces to a pan and fry for 6-10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Remove the pork belly from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the brussels sprouts, minced garlic, and avocado oil to the same frying pan over medium heat.
6. Cook until the brussels sprouts start to turn golden brown. Then add the pork belly back into the pan.
7. Add soy sauce and rice vinegar to the pan and stir until combined well.
8. Plate the brussels sprouts and pork belly. Add the thinly sliced green onion and season with salt and pepper.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Asian Pork Belly Brussels Sprouts. Each serving comes out to be 759 calories, 74.4g fat, 6.4g net carbs, and 14.5g protein.
|16.00 ounce pork belly||2350||240.5||0||0||0||42.4|
|2.00 tablespoon soy sauce||17||0.2||1.6||0.3||1.3||2.6|
|1.00 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|4.00 tablespoon avocado oil||482||54.5||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce brussels sprouts||163||2.3||32.2||11.8||20.4||11.8|
|3.00 medium green onion||14||0.1||3.3||1.2||2.1||0.8|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||759||74.4||9.8||3.3||6.4||14.5|