Got some chicken thighs to use up, but not sure how to go about it? Or perhaps you’re finally ready to get off the low-fat chicken breast train and commit to using the best part of the chicken. (I’m biased, I know.) Here’s an easy roasted chicken thigh dinner that features minimal prep but maximum flavor.
The creamy red pepper sauce turns this recipe into a restaurant quality dish, punctuated by goat cheese and fresh parsley. You’ll want to add this recipe to your regular dinner rotations.
Yields 4 servings of Roasted Chicken Thighs in Red Pepper Sauce
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. At the same time, preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season the thighs with salt and pepper.
3. Add the coconut oil to the preheated skillet. Once the oil has melted, place the chicken thighs into the skillet. Sear for 5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is browned.
4. Puree the roasted red peppers, garlic, and olive oil in a blender. Pour the heavy cream into the blended peppers, then blend until thoroughly mixed.
5. Remove the skillet from the stove, then pour the sauce over the top of the thighs. Flip them over to ensure that both sides are coated.
6. Crumble the goat cheese over the top of the sauced chicken. Transfer the skillet to the oven then bake for 10-15 minutes.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Roasted Chicken Thighs in Red Pepper Sauce. Each serving comes out to be 562.9 Calories, 40.9g Fats, 2.88g Net Carbs, and 47.75g Protein.
|Roasted Chicken Thighs in Red Pepper Sauce||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1.5 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs||1116||53||0||0||0||165|
|1 tablespoon coconut oil||121||13||0||0||0||0|
|4 ounces goat cheese||299||24||0||0||0||21|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley||2.7||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|4 ounces roasted red peppers||60||3.5||7.4||1.3||6.1||1|
|2 cloves garlic||8.9||0||2||0.1||1.9||0.4|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|½ cup heavy cream||405||43||3.3||0||3.3||3.4|