This cauliflower steak recipe is so great because it’s not cauliflower pretending to be rice, pizza crust or even mashed potatoes, but just being a deliciously roasted and seasoned version of itself!
These cauliflower “steaks” are obviously not steaks at all, but rather large slices of whole cauliflower that are seasoned and roasted to perfection. The best part about roasting cauliflower in “steak” form is that the flat sides get a little crisp while the center is tender. The trick to making “steaks” is to remove the leaves from the head of cauliflower but keep the core intact to make sure they hold together. I like to make a single cut right down the center, then cut each half into 1-inch slices. I can usually get three to four good steaks from a medium head.
This recipe has a bit of a kick with a simple Cajun-style rub that can be used again and again on veggies, chicken, or beef! Sprinkle each steak with a little parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lime to really top them off!
Yields 3 servings of Roasted Cajun Cauliflower Steaks
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ medium lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine all the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mix evenly.
2. Slice one whole head of cauliflower, starting from the center, into 1-inch “steaks”. The ends typically crumble so you can save those pieces for other recipes or toss them on the baking sheet too!
3. Lay the steaks on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with plenty of oil.
4. Rub each steak with the Cajun seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes, turning them half-way through.
5. Remove the steaks from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6. Return to the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Roasted Cajun Cauliflower Steaks. Each serving comes out to be 206 Calories, 16.9g Fats, 5.8g Net Carbs, and 6.53g Protein.
|Roasted Cajun Cauliflower Steaks||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 teaspoon garlic||21||0.1||4.6||0.6||4||1.1|
|2 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 teaspoon smoked paprika||13||0.6||2.5||1.6||0.9||0.7|
|1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning||2||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.1|
|0.5 teaspoon dried oregano||2||0||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.1|
|0.5 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|0.75 medium cauliflower||99||2.2||17.7||9.9||7.8||7.8|
|3 tablespoon olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|0.5 medium lime||10||0.1||3.5||0.9||2.6||0.2|
|2 tablespoon fresh cilantro||0||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|