I’m really happy to announce that Ketofied! Comfort Foods Made Low Carb can now accept PayPal as a payment. I had a lot of people request this, so I worked over the weekend to get a new payment processor that’s trusted. I’ve finally been able to find a good one and accepts both credit card and PayPal (so people have an option). I just want to say thank you to everyone that got it, supports it, and supports the website!
Now, on to the shrimp. These suckers are the perfect blend of “fanciness”. It’s not everyday that you come across prosciutto wrapped shrimp. The shrimp themselves are absolutely divine. Bringing that salty, earthy taste from the prosciutto and the sweet and refreshing experience from the sauce. Together they are a match made in heaven. Give them a try, if you dare not eat them all!
This would be a perfect appetizer or hors d’oeuvre to serve up at a party – it looks fancy, it tastes fancy, and it doesn’t take too much work to make! Something like this would cost you around $25 in a restaurant, so why not make it yourself for under $10? Heck, that’s what I did, and I’m not even sure a restaurant could keep it as good quality as this. Plus, they’d be adding sugar to the sauce so I’d have to ask for extra napkins to wipe it off. That’s always the worst.
Yields ~16-24 Shrimp, Depending on Size
- 10 ounces pre-cooked shrimp
- 11 slices prosciutto
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons NOW Erythritol (to taste)
1. Preheat your oven to 425F. Slice prosciutto in half or in thirds, depending on how many shrimp you have and their size. Wrap shrimp in prosciutto, starting from the tail and working your way up. Lay on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil, and cook for 15 minutes.
2. In a spice grinder, grind 1/3 cup Blackberries.
3. In a pan, add the blackberry puree and mint leaves. Add 1-2 tbsp. erythritol, to your tastes, then let cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add 1/3 cup red wine to the sauce and mix well. Then let reduce under simmer. Taste when reduced and add more sweetener if needed.
5. Serve with sauce on the side or drizzled over!
This will make about 4 single servings. Each serving comes out to 261 Calories, 14.9g Fats, 3.49g Net Carbs, and 27.35g Protein.
|Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|10 ounces pre-cooked shrimp||337||4.82||4.31||0||4.31||64.54|
|11 slices prosciutto||385||27.5||5.5||0||5.5||44|
|1/3 cup blackberries||20||0.23||4.57||2.5||2.07||0.66|
|1/3 cup red wine||60||0||2||0||2||0|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves||3||0.04||0.48||0.4||0.08||0.19|
|1-2 tablespoons NOW Erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|