Do you love pork rinds as much as I do? This was one snack I was glad I didn’t have to give up pork rinds on the keto diet, as there are minimal carbs in this mouthwatering snack. I love how they are so versatile and I can use them in numerous recipes, all keto-friendly!
Enjoy these pork rind pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream and a hot cup of coffee!
Yields 1 servings of Pork Rind Pancakes
- 2/3 ounce pork rinds
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, for frying
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Grind up the pork rinds in a blender or food processor until you get a smooth powder.
3. Add the eggs, heavy cream, maple extract, and cinnamon to the blender. Blend again until you get a smooth consistency.
4. Turn the stovetop on medium heat and add some of the coconut oil to a pan.
5. Add the batter into the frying pan. Keep an eye out for bubbles forming in the middle and the edges looking cooked.
6. Flip onto the other side and continue cooking, making sure the pancake is fully cooked. Repeat this process with the rest of the batter, adding coconut oil as needed.
This makes a total of 1 servings of Pork Rind Pancakes. Each serving comes out to be 627 calories, 54.9g fat, 2.9g net carbs, and 24.9g protein.
|0.66 ounce pork rinds||107||6.7||0.0||0||0.0||10.2|
|2.00 large egg||157||10.5||0.8||0||0.8||13.8|
|2.00 tablespoon heavy cream||101||10.7||0.8||0||0.8||0.8|
|1.00 teaspoon maple extract||12||0||0.6||0||0.6||0|
|1.00 teaspoon ground cinnamon||6||0||2.1||1.4||0.7||0.1|
|2.00 tablespoon coconut oil||243||27||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/1)||627||54.9||4.2||1.4||2.9||24.9|