Pecan sandies were my favorite cookies as a kid but ask I’ve gotten older I prefer a softer bake. That’s why these pecan softies are the perfect blend of nutty pecan flavor with the goodness of a soft baked cookie!
With hints of salt and hunks of roasted pecans, this cookie tastes like anything but keto! By making the cookie base in a food processor, you can get a rough chop which leads to a lower calorie yield per cookie, plus its easy cleanup and comes together in minutes! It calls for less butter than a traditional “sandy” but you won’t miss any of the fat as the nuts are both naturally great sources of healthy fats.
Drizzle these in your favorite low carb dark chocolate and sprinkle them with a pinch of sea salt for a delicious treat with a cup of hot coffee. Keep them in the freezer for portion control and pull them out one at a time when you need a treat!
Yields 10 servings of Pecan Softies with Sea Salt Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1-ounce low-carb dark chocolate, melted for drizzle
1. Heat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine the dry ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until the pecans are a coarse ground.
2. Add the butter, salt, and egg white into the blender and pulse a few times to combine. The cookie dough should like wet and feel sticky but still chunky.
3. Using a spoon or small scoop, portion out 10 rounded cookie dough balls onto the parchment. Flatten the tops of the balls until you have evenly round, flat cookies.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
5. Melt the chocolate by placing in a microwave safe bowl for 45 seconds. Stop it every 15-20 seconds to stir.
6. Drizzle each cookie with chocolate and sprinkle with extra sea salt.
This makes a total of 10 servings of Pecan Softies with Sea Salt Dark Chocolate. Each serving comes out to be 127.9 Calories, 12.66g Fat, 2.17g Net Carbs, and 2.69g Protein
|Pecan Softies with Sea Salt Dark Chocolate||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1/2 cup almond flour||320||28||12||6||6||12|
|1 cup pecan halves||684||71.25||13.72||9.5||4.22||9.08|
|1 1/2 tablespoons butter||153||17.28||0.01||0||0.01||0.18|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||5||0.02||2.35||0.1||1.25||0.01|
|1/4 cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 large egg white||17||0.06||0.24||0||0.24||3.6|
|1 oz low carb dark chocolate||100||10||16||6||10||2|
|Per Servings (/10)||127.9||12.66||4.43||2.16||2.17||2.69|