Wow – this is one amazing salad! The best part is the mushrooms sauteed in butter. It helps keep the lettuce moist and pairs well with the balsamic vinegar dressing and crumbled goat cheese.
For this recipe I used a baby greens mix from the store but if you can’t find that mixture even just baby kale, spinach, and a little romaine will go a long way with this delicious dish. Alternatively for the cheese, you could also try chunks of brie or feta. Each would taste equally as tasty.
Want to make it for work? Just keep the balsamic vinegar separate and it should be good in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yields 1 serving of Mushrooms & Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces spring mix
- 1 ounce cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a pan, heat up the butter on medium.
2. Sautee the mushrooms until they are soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In the meantime, place the salad greens in a bowl. Top with crumbled bacon and goat cheese.
4. Once the mushrooms are done, mix them into the salad.
5. Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Top your salad and serve.
This makes a total of 1 serving of Mushrooms & Goat Cheese Salad. Each serving comes out to be 513 Calories, 43.7g Fats, 8.7g Net Carbs, and 19.6g Protein.
|Mushrooms & Goat Cheese Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|2 ounces cremini mushrooms||16||0.1||2.3||0.3||2||1.4|
|4 ounces spring mix||32||0.5||5.9||2.3||3.6||2.5|
|1 ounce cooked bacon||155||12.3||0.4||0||0.4||10.1|
|1 ounce goat cheese||75||6||0||0||0||5.4|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar||14||0||2.7||0||2.7||0.1|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|