The Maple Asparagus Salad is an explosion of colors and textures. It’s crisp, juicy, and crunchy with a hint of sweetness. The maple balsamic dressing works wonders when paired with both feta cheese and asparagus.
The maple asparagus salad is great for spring and summer dinners, cookouts, and picnics. There’s minimal prep time; the most time-consuming part of this recipe is cooking and preparing the asparagus spears. You also don’t have to dunk them in cold water afterward, however, it’s an easy way to cool the asparagus down fast.
Yields 8 servings of Maple Asparagus Salad
- 20 medium asparagus spears
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large bowl of ice water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
1. Pre-heat a large pot on the stove. Bring the pot to a boil.
2. Drop the asparagus spears into the boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes. Turn the asparagus spears over ensure they are evenly cooked. Cook for another 4 minutes.
3. Place the tomato halves, chopped walnuts, and crumbled feta into a salad bowl.
4. In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and sugar-free maple syrup.
5. Once the asparagus is done, immediately place the spears into the bowl of ice water. Leave for 5 minutes.
6. Place the asparagus spears onto paper towels and pat dry. Chop the asparagus spears into smaller pieces.
7. Add the asparagus pieces into the salad bowl mix. Pour the salad dressing mix onto the salad. Toss the salad to ensure the ingredients are evenly coated.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Maple Asparagus Salad. Each serving comes out to be 211.25 Calories, 19g Fats, 4.46g Net Carbs, and 5.99g Protein.
|Maple Asparagus Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|20 asparagus spears||66||0.7||12||6||6||7.2|
|1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved||27||0.3||5.8||1.8||4||1.3|
|1 cup chopped walnuts||785||78||16||8||8||18|
|1 cup crumbled feta cheese||396||32||6.1||0||6.1||21|
|3 tablespoons olive oil||358||41||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar||42||0||8.2||0||8.2||0.2|
|2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup||16||0||3.6||0.2||3.4||0.2|