I’ve been making a lot of sweets lately, and I am starting to get tired of them. Weird huh? I guess I have no sweet tooth anymore, I much prefer the savory side of things.
I wanted to make something different, and stumbled on a recipe for some spicy cookies. Sounded good to me, as I know chocolate and spice can pair up really well together – let’s just say these Mexican hot chocolate cookies turned out great. I was really pleased with them, despite my recent grudges with coconut flour.
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup Splenda
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, get your coconut flour in there.
2. Add your cocoa powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and splenda (save just a little bit). Mix it all together.
3. In a microwave safe container, get your coconut oil and butter inside. Put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to get it liquified.
4. Add your eggs and vanilla to the mixture and scramble them well.
5. Add your butter mixture to the dry ingredients.
6. Mix this well, so that the liquid completely soaks into the dry ingredients.
7. Knead it together if you have to, I like to use my hands.
8. On a sprayed down pan, form the dough into cookies with your hand. I tried to roll the dough out but it crumbled into pieces.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes. They will be a little bit soft when you take them out.
10. Let them cool off for a bit, and eat away! I ate them with some low carb calorie countdown (milk substitute).
This makes a total of 15 servings of Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies. Each serving comes out to be 134.33 Calories, 12.42g Fats, 1.41g Net Carbs, and 3.13g Protein.
|Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|¾ cup coconut flour||300||18||48||36||12||12|
|½ cup coconut oil||972||107.98||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons salted butter||305||34.55||0.03||0||0.03||0.36|
|4 large eggs||286||19.02||1.44||0||1.44||25.12|
|2 teaspoons vanilla||24||0.01||1.06||0||1.06||0.01|
|8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder||98||5.92||25.01||16||4.01||8.47|
|½ cup Splenda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 ½ teaspoons chili powder||11||0.58||2.01||1.4||0.61||0.55|
|2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon||16||0.08||5.24||3.5||1.74||0.26|
|½ teaspoon cayenne pepper||3||0.16||0.51||0.2||0.31||0.11|