These zucchini boats are perfect for an appetizer, snack, or a hearty lunch! I have been a fan of making “boats” ever since I started keto. Avocado boats and zucchini boats are a couple of vegetables that I have used in the past to make these. Avocado boats are one of my favorite as the seed is the perfect space to load up on meat and extra keto-friendly vegetables!
Zucchini boats work much the same way and this one is loaded with ground beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, and seasoning! No matter what meal you make these for, I guarantee you will love these zucchini burrito boats!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Zucchini Burrito Boats
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 12 ounce ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Slice the zucchinis lengthwise and scoop out the seeds (plus a little extra) to form a boat for the filling to go in. Set extra zucchini aside to add to the filling.
3. Put the zucchini, skin side down, in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften.
5. While the zucchini is baking, add olive oil, onion, garlic, and zucchini that was scooped out into a frying pan over medium heat.
6. Fry for about 5 minutes, or until onion and zucchini are soft.
7. Add the ground beef and saute until beef is browned and cooked through.
8. Once the beef is cooked, stir in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and tomatoes.
9. Spoon the mixture into the zucchini boats.
10. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, then put back in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Zucchini Burrito Boats. Each serving comes out to be 458 calories, 37.9g fat, 4.9g net carbs, and 23.4g protein.
|2.00 medium zucchini||65||1.6||11.7||4.3||7.3||5|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0.0||0.0||0.0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|12.00 ounce ground beef||864||68||0||0||0||58.4|
|0.50 teaspoon chili powder||4||0.2||0.7||0.5||0.2||0.2|
|0.25 teaspoon cumin||2||0.1||0.2||0.1||0.2||0.1|
|0.25 teaspoon paprika||2||0.1||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.1|
|0.50 cup fresh tomatoes||15||0.2||3.2||1||2.2||0.7|
|1.00 cup cheddar cheese||495||40.8||3.8||0||3.8||28|
|Per Serving (/4)||458||37.9||6.6||1.7||4.9||23.4|