Winter is here and I love making warm dishes! Chili is one of my favorite meals to enjoy when it is cold out, but I wanted to make it vegetarian/vegan friendly so almost anyone can enjoy it! (except individuals with nut allergy’s).
As the name suggests, this vegan walnut chili is packed with walnuts, which are rich in antioxidants and are packed with omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts are also good for brain function and a healthy gut. Enjoy this vegan keto walnut chili, knowing it is packed with some great nutrients!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Vegan Walnut Chili
- 5 tablespoon avocado oil
- 5 medium celery stalks, diced
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8 ounce cremini mushrooms
- 2 ounce chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 15 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cartoon coconut milk
- 20 ounce vegan meat crumbles
- 1 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 medium avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoon red radish, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all ingredients.
2. In a pan, heat up the avocado oil and add the celery. Cook until softened up while stirring occasionally, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Stir this together until well combined.
4. Add bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook this for 4-6 minutes.
5. Add the chipotle pepper, tomato paste, tomatoes, vegetable broth, coconut milk, vegan meat crumble, walnuts, and unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir until well combined. Let this cook for 20-25 minutes until the chili is thick and hot.
6. Top the chili with fresh cilantro, avocado slices, and sliced radishes. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Vegan Walnut Chili. Each serving comes out to be 531 calories, 39g fat, 10.5g net carbs, and 30.1g protein.
|5.00 tablespoon avocado oil||602||68.1||0||0||0||0|
|5.00 medium celery||30||0.3||5.6||3||2.6||1.3|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|1.50 teaspoon ground cinnamon||10||0.1||3.1||2.1||1.1||0.2|
|2.00 teaspoon chili powder||15||0.8||2.7||1.9||0.8||0.7|
|4.00 teaspoon cumin||31||1.8||3.6||0.9||2.8||1.5|
|1.50 teaspoon smoked paprika||10||0.4||1.9||1.2||0.7||0.5|
|2.00 medium green bell pepper||46||0.4||10.7||3.9||6.8||2|
|1.00 medium zucchini||33||0.8||5.8||2.2||3.7||2.5|
|8.00 ounce cremini mushrooms||64||0.2||9.3||1.4||7.9||5.7|
|2.00 ounce chipotle peppers in adobo sauce||43||2.1||5.7||1.4||4.3||1.2|
|1.50 tablespoon tomato paste||20||0.1||4.7||1||3.7||1.1|
|15.00 ounce canned diced tomatoes||68||1.1||14.8||8.1||6.7||3.4|
|4.00 cup vegetable broth||53||0.6||3.9||0||3.9||2|
|0.50 cup unsweetened carton coconut milk||23||2||0||0||0||0|
|20.00 ounce vegan meat crumbles||822||30.9||10.3||10.2||0.1||134|
|1.00 cup walnuts||682||68||14.3||7||7.3||15.9|
|1.00 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder||21||0.5||3||1||2||1|
|4.00 tablespoon fresh cilantro||1||0||0.2||0.1||0||0.1|
|2.00 medium avocado||601||55.5||31.1||24.5||6.6||7.1|
|4.00 tablespoon red radish||5||0||1||0.5||0.5||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/6)||531||39.0||22.3||11.7||10.5||30.1|