These vegan granola bars are the perfect solution for an on-the-go feed or something to nibble on between meals when you’re feeling snackish. They are packed full of nutritious nuts and seeds and come out of the oven perfectly crisp and crunchy. This easy-to-make recipe yields around 10 bars of healthy, golden, delicious snacky goodness.
The foundation of this recipe is a blended mix of various nuts, seeds, and flaxseed meal, which will keep your bars from crumbling into pieces while still remaining perfectly crunchy. Not fond of flaxseed? You can swap out with equal parts chia seeds for a similar result.
Nuts are an excellent source of protein, healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals—the full package! You can use pretty much any combination of nuts in this recipe that suits your fancy, just make sure to keep to the same nut ratio and use a firm nut as a base.
Once you’ve got your blended mixture, all that’s left is to bake your bars. Here’s essential tip number two: for maximum crunchiness, make sure to score the granola (slice lightly, not all the way through) before putting it in the oven, then cut the pieces entirely and separate halfway through the bake. Leave them to cool once you pull them from the oven and you’ll have beautifully golden crisp bars!
We mustn’t forget the garnish. Sprinkle with whole seeds, and if you’re feeling especially lavish, why not drizzle your granola bars in some melted dark chocolate? Treat yourself!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Vegan Granola Bars
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup roasted pecans
- 1/2 cup erythritol
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sweetener and vanilla extract. Stir twice and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
4. In a food processor, add the roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, roasted pecans, and xanthan gum.
5. Pulse until the nuts are chopped pretty fine.
6. Add almond milk to the sweetener and remove from heat.
7. Combine the finely chopped nut mixture and the liquid sweetener.
8. With a spatula, spread the nut mixture onto the baking sheet. Press down firmly to form into the pan.
9. Score the bars evenly with a sharp knife. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
10. Let cool completely before cutting the bars at the score marks. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Vegan Granola Bars. Each serving comes out to be 320 calories, 26.5g fat, 5.8g net carbs, and 9.8g protein.
|1.00 cup roasted almonds||825||72.5||29||15||14||28.9|
|0.25 cup pumpkin seeds||71||3.1||8.6||2.9||5.7||3|
|0.25 cup flaxseed meal||139||10.9||7.5||7||0.5||4.7|
|0.25 cup roasted pecans||181||18.9||3.7||2.5||1.2||2.4|
|0.50 cup erythritol||19||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon vanilla extract||37||0||1.6||0||1.6||0|
|2.00 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk||4||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.1||0.2|
|0.25 teaspoon xanthan gum||4||0||0.9||0.9||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||320||26.5||12.9||7.1||5.8||9.8|