This open-faced burger is a great way to serve up a fast lunch or dinner without worrying about a bun substitute. Ground beef patties seasoned with taco flavoring are served up with avocado, lettuce, pickled jalapenos, and pepper jack cheese. A drizzle of olive oil across the top ties the whole thing together!
This recipe is a bit calorie-heavy, so it may be best suited for those of you who like to practice intermittent fasting. If you need to adjust the macros down you can easily do this by reducing the avocado, and the amount of olive oil used.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Tex-Mex Open-Faced Burger
- 2⁄3 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-ounce sliced pepper jack cheese
- 1 large avocado
- 2 ounces lettuce
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
1. Mix the ground beef and taco seasoning together. Form a burger patty for each serving, season with salt and pepper then set aside.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium heat then add in half of the olive oil. Give it a few seconds to heat up then add the burger patties. Cook on each side until the burgers are cooked all the way through.
3. For each serving plate one of the burger patties with the pepper jack cheese, avocado, lettuce, jalapenos, and sour cream. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top and serve.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Tex-Mex Open-Faced Burger. Each serving comes out to be 749.45 Calories, 66.3g Fats, 5.8g Net Carbs, and 27g Protein.
|Keto Tex-Mex Open-Faced Burger||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2⁄3 pound ground beef||407.2||25.7||0||0||0||40.3|
|1 tablespoon taco seasoning||28||0||5||1.1||3.9||0.4|
|4 tablespoons olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|1-ounce sliced pepper jack cheese||106||8.6||0.2||0||0.2||6.9|
|1 large avocado||317||29||16||13||3||3.7|
|2 ounces lettuce||9.6||0.2||1.9||1.2||0.7||0.7|
|2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños||4.1||0.1||0.7||0.4||0.3||0.1|
|1⁄3 cup sour cream||150||15||3.5||0||3.5||1.9|