This keto-friendly, high-fat recipe retains the classic flavors of tacos without any of the carbs. Traditional tacos usually use taco shells, which are higher in carbs. By replacing the taco shells with avocados, you get a nutrient-rich alternative that is full of healthy fats and is just as tasty.
Besides tasting creamy and smooth on the palate, avocados are nutritious and full of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Did you know they even contain more potassium than bananas?
They make the perfect receptacle for the spiced and savory taco filling made up of ground beef, onion, and some spices. Think of it like reversed guacamole—instead of the mashed avocado on top you get the whole avocado in one bite!
Ground beef is the best meat option for taco filling as it pairs perfectly with the slightly more robust flavors of the onion and spice mixture. It’s also higher in fat than chicken, so it’ll remain juicy even after cooking.
The best part of tacos is customizing it to how you like it. You can cook the beef for slightly longer to get a slightly charred flavor or fry it up until just cooked. This meal is sure to satisfy the whole family and keep you feeling full for longer, with the high protein and fat content.
Don’t forget to dollop a generous amount of sour cream on top of each taco-stuffed avocado before serving.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Taco Stuffed Avocados
- 4 medium avocado
- 1 medium lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 ounce ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup Mexican style cheese blend
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit.
3. In the middle of the avocado, remove some of the avocado, making room for more of the taco part. Save this for later.
4. In a frying pan add olive oil over medium heat. Toss in the onion and cook until fragrant.
5. Toss in the beef and taco seasoning. Stir together and be sure to break up the meat. Let cook until beef is thoroughly cooked (165F).
6. Stuff your avocados with the ground beef, extra avocado, Mexican cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Taco Stuffed Avocados. Each serving comes out to be 745 calories, 62.6g fat, 9.3g net carbs, and 28.1g protein.
|4.00 medium avocado||1202||111||62.2||49||13.3||14.1|
|1.00 medium lime||20||0.1||7.1||1.9||5||0.5|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 medium onion||38||0.1||8.8||1.6||7.2||1.3|
|16.00 ounce ground beef||1152||90.7||0||0||0||77.9|
|1.00 tablespoon taco seasoning||28||0||5||1.1||3.9||0.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.66 cup mexican-style cheese blend||291||23.8||2.6||0||2.6||15.8|
|0.50 cup romaine lettuce||4||0.1||0.8||1||0.3||0.3|
|0.50 cup cherry tomatoes||13||0.2||2.9||0.9||2||0.7|
|4.00 tablespoon sour cream||114||11.1||2.7||0||2.7||1.4|
|Per Serving (/4)||745||62.6||23||13.7||9.3||28.1|