These chicken meatballs smothered in a delightful tomato cream sauce pair perfectly with steamed broccoli.
The tomato cream sauce gets into every bite of these savory meatballs. Dip the broccoli in the cream sauce for an exquisite taste. Inside the meatballs, find parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and sun-dried tomatoes. I can already feel this will be a weekly dinner for me!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chicken Meatballs with Tomato Cream Sauce
- 20 ounce ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 4 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounce broccoli
- 4 tablespoon butter, for broccoli
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine ground chicken, eggs, parmesan cheese, fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined. Form the meatballs with your hands into about golf ball size pieces.
3. Over medium-high heat, add butter into a frying pan and cook the meatballs, leaving room between them. Turn the meatballs every few minutes and make sure all sides are brown, about 12-15 minutes in total.
4. Add the heavy cream and tomato paste to the pan and mix together until combined.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cook for about 10 minutes, allowing to simmer and stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then top with fresh basil.
6. While meatballs are cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until fork tender. Drain the pan completely, then add broccoli and butter back to the pot, stirring together for a minute to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve the meatballs with butter and broccoli. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Chicken Meatballs with Tomato Cream Sauce. Each serving comes out to be 667 calories, 53.3g fat, 9.2g net carbs, and 37.2g protein.
|20.00 ounce ground chicken||811||45.9||0||0||0||98.9|
|1.00 large egg||79||5.2||0.4||0||0.4||6.9|
|2.00 ounce grated parmesan cheese||244||16.2||2.3||0||2.3||21.8|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh basil||1||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|
|4.00 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes||35||0.4||7.5||1.7||5.9||1.9|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||12||0||0.0||0.0||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|1.00 cup heavy cream||809||85.7||6.4||0||6.4||6.7|
|1.00 tablespoon tomato paste||13||0.1||3.1||0.7||2.4||0.7|
|3.00 tablespoon fresh basil||1||0||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|Per Serving (/4)||667||53.3||13.6||4.4||9.2||37.2|