This South American fusion dish is a festive meal for kids and adults. It’s an explosion of flavor and textures with spices, creamy avocado, greens, and chicken. You can use the chimichurri sauce as a salad dressing or sauté the chicken with it. This recipe has minimal prep time; the most time-consuming part will be peeling and cubing the avocado (I don’t know about you, but for me, it’s on par with folding a fitted sheet!) The chopped oregano and chili flakes can be substituted for dried and powdered forms.
Yields 5 servings of Chimichurri Chicken Salad
- 250 grams spring mix greens
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 2 medium cubed avocados
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped or dried
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Preheat non-stick pan. Place mixed greens and cubed avocado into a salad bowl.
3. Cook chicken breasts until firm and there is no pink.
4. Remove chicken breasts from stove to cool.
5. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix olive oil, vinegar, parsley, oregano, garlic, and chili flakes.
7. Add the cubed chicken breasts to the salad and toss to coat with chimichurri dressing.
8. Serve and top with the desired amount of chimichurri dressing.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Chimichurri Chicken Salad. Each serving comes out to be 285.94 Calories, 21.24g Fats, 3.08g Net Carbs, and 17.24g Protein.
|Chimichurri Chicken Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|250 grams spring mix greens||71||1.1||13||5.1||7.9||5.5|
|2 medium chicken breasts||396||8.6||0||0||0||74|
|2 medium cubed avocados||454||42||23.5||18.5||5||5.5|
|¼ cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons red wine vinegar||8.4||0||0.1||0||0.01||0|
|¼ cup parsley, chopped||5.4||0.1||0.9||0.5||0.4||0.5|
|1 tablespoon oregano, chopped or dried||8||0.1||2.1||1.3||0.8||0.3|
|1 teaspoon red chili flakes||5.7||0.3||1||0.5||0.5||0.2|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic||4.2||0||0.9||0.1||0.8||0.2|