I never thought of stuffing my meatloaf this way, but it turned out incredibly good. The cheese oozed out when I cut it! That’s when you know it’s a good meal. This recipe is great to cook on those cold winter nights and it will really warm you up!
For this recipe, I used ground beef, but you can use any ground meat. You can also stuff it with anything but I decided to use spinach, cheddar cheese, onions, and mushrooms. The cheddar cheese I used is from the deli at my local supermarket. I recommend using these instead of the Kraft slices. Deli slices are bigger and aren’t as processed.
Yields 8 servings of Keto Stuffed Meatloaf
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup mushrooms
1. Mix the meat with the salt, pepper, garlic, and cumin. In a small greased bread (or meatloaf) pan, line the bottom and sides with the minced beef, leaving a hole for your stuffing.
2. Layer the cheese on the bottom of the meatloaf.
3. Add in the onions, spinach and mushrooms.
4. Use the leftover meat to place on top, covering the spinach and mushrooms, acting as a lid.
5. Bake at 350°F for one hour.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Keto Stuffed Meatloaf Each serving comes out to be 248.63 Calories, 19.56g Fats, 1.42g Net Carbs, and 15.8g Protein.
|Stuffed Meatloaf||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|500 grams ground beef||1270||100||0||0||0||85.85|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder||5||0.01||1.13||0.1||1.03||0.26|
|½ teaspoon pepper||3||0.04||0.74||0.3||0.44||0.12|
|½ teaspoon cumin||4||0.23||0.46||0.1||0.36||0.19|
|6 slices cheddar cheese||679||55.96||5.19||0||5.19||38.42|
|¼ cup (40 g) chopped onions||16||0.04||3.74||0.7||3.04||0.44|
|¼ cup (17.75 g) green onions||5||0.08||1.02||0.3||0.72||0.17|
|½ cup (15 g) spinach||3||0.06||0.54||0.3||0.24||0.43|
|¼ cup mushrooms||4||0.06||0.57||0.2||0.37||0.54|