I’ve fallen in love with mackerel! It’s an oily fish that’s consumed all over the world, but not something I got into until recently. It’s high in omega-3’s, which is something I’m always looking to get more of.
This recipe takes mackerel and turns it into a flavor-packed meal. We marinate the fish in ginger, lemon, and coconut aminos before roasting it in the oven. The base of the bowl is broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, and peppers. Then everything is finished off with roasted almonds and guac.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Crispy Ginger Mackerel Lunch Bowl
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless mackerel fillets
- 1-ounce almonds
- 1 ½ cups broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ small yellow onion
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 small sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mashed avocado
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or foil. Mix together the grated ginger, lemon juice, olive oil, coconut aminos, and some salt and pepper. Rub half of the marinade on the mackerel fillets.
2. Lay the fillets onto the baking tray with the skin side facing up. Roast for 12-15 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
3. Spread the almonds out on a separate baking sheet. Roast for 5-6 minutes or until they brown. Take out of the oven and cool before chopping.
4. Lightly steam the broccoli until it’s started to soften but isn’t mushy. Roughly chop it up.
5. Preheat a pan over medium heat, then add the butter and allow it to melt. Fry the onions and peppers until they are soft.
6. Add the broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes, then continue cooking until warmed through.
7. Turn off the heat then mix in the rest of the dressing and roasted almonds. Serve with the avocado.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Crispy Ginger Mackerel Lunch Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 649.55 Calories, 53.4g Fats, 9.2g Net Carbs, and 28.05g Protein.
|Keto Crispy Ginger Mackerel Lunch Bowl||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 (8-ounce) boneless mackerel fillets||461||31||0||0||0||42|
|1 ½ cups broccoli||82||1||11||7.7||3.3||5.6|
|½ small yellow onion||13||0.1||3||0.4||2.4||0.4|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||12||0||0||0||0.1|
|1/3 cup diced red bell pepper||13||0.1||3||0.5||2.5||0.4|
|2 small sun-dried tomatoes||10||0.1||2.2||0.5||1.7||0.6|
|4 tablespoons mashed avocado||70||6.4||3.7||2.9||0.8||0.9|
|1 tablespoon grated ginger||5.5||0.1||1.2||0.1||1.1||0.1|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice||2.6||0||0.8||0.1||0.7||0.1|
|3 tablespoons olive oil||358||41||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon coconut aminos||12||0||3||0||3||0|