I wanted to make something extra special for Valentine’s Day. This year, my girlfriend has really been craving donuts after seeing them over and over at markets, coffee shops and sports games. I decided to re-create her ultimate favorite flavor from Yo-Yo Donuts: their Cherry Chocolate Donut. They came out great! These donuts are just the perfect amount of crisp on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside.
If you’ve been missing out on chocolate, worry no more. ChocoPerfection is a perfect treat for those times where you’re craving the real thing but still want to stay in keto. These high-fat and extremely low carb chocolate bars not only taste like the real thing, but fit perfectly into your daily macros.
Do you want to make some awesome chocolate-y goodness for Valentine’s Day, too? You’re in luck! ChocoPerfection is currently running a Valentine’s special which gives you free 3-day priority shipping (yep, it’ll be there in time!) and a free Valentine’s Day card with every box ordered. Head on over there to get your chocolate!
Note: I made half the batter with cherry extract/food coloring and half the batter without. I wanted to show the difference in color for each.
Yields 12 Cherry Chocolate Chunk Donuts
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons SweetPerfection
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (from the carton)
- 5 bars Dark ChocoPerfection, (10 g)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons Berry Extract of Choice
- Optional: 15 drops food coloring of choice
- Pinch of salt
2. Mix the dry ingredients well, then add 2 scrambled eggs, 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract, 2 1/2 tbsp. Coconut Oil, and 3 tbsp. Coconut Milk to the batter.
3. Stir the batter well until clumps are gone and is smooth. Chop 5 10g bars Dark ChocoPerfection into chunks and fold into the batter.
4. Depending on if you want flavored or colored batter, add your optional berry extract and food coloring. Mix together well until all of the dough is uniform.
5. Plug your donut maker in and grease if needed. I use the BabyCakes Donut Maker. Put the batter into a Ziploc bag and cut the end off so that you can pipe the dough.
6. Once hot, pipe the batter into the donut maker, filling each well. Close the donut maker and wait about 4-5 minutes before flipping.
7. Flip each donut using the tool they send you with the donut maker. Then, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat the process with the other 6 donuts and set aside to cool.
8. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes 12 total Cherry Chocolate Chunk Donuts. Each donut comes out to be 109.42 Calories, 9.61g Fats, 1.14g Net Carbs, and 3.05g Protein.
|Cherry Chocolate Chunk Donuts||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|¾ cup almond flour||480||42||18||9||9||18|
|¼ cup golden flaxseed meal||140||9||8||6||2||6|
|3 tablespoons SweetPerfection||27||0||27||27||0||0|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.27||0||1.27||0|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil||303||33.68||0||0||0||0|
|3 tablespoons coconut milk from carton||11||1.13||0.2||0||0.2||0|
|5 (10 g) bars Dark ChocoPerfection||195||20||25||15||0||0|