There’s nothing better than brewing yourself a steaming hot cup of coffee on a cool Fall morning. Actually, I take that back. There’s nothing better than brewing yourself a creamy, pumpkin-laced, warm cup of coffee on a cool Fall morning.
Instead of spending upward of $5 on a cup of coffee over at the local chain, why not create some for yourself that is more keto friendly and more delicious than what they can do? This coffee has delicious notes of fresh pumpkin, cinnamon, and your favorite Fall spices that you’ve come to know and love. Top if all off with a little bit of whipped cream and a smidge of extra spice, and you’ve got a delicious home-made pumpkin pie spice latte sitting at your fingertips and ready to drink.
A word of warning: You will need an immersion blender for this. My first attempt was to just mix it together with a spoon, but some of the pumpkin pulp and the spices don’t dissolve fully, and leave you with a tri-layered latte that looks nice, but will have chunks of pumpkin and spices at the bottom as you drink. Not the best way to start off the morning, that’s for sure.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte
- 2 cups coffee, strong and fresh brewed
- 1 cup coconut milk (from the carton)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend (recipe here)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 drops liquid Stevia
1. In a pot over medium-low heat, add the pumpkin, butter, coconut milk, and spices.
2. While the pumpkin mixture is coming together, brew 2 cups worth of strong coffee. I use a Keurig machine to do this.
3. Once the pumpkin mixture is starting to get hot and bubble slightly, mix it together.
4. Stir in your 2 cups of strong coffee well.
5. Add stevia and heavy cream. Take an immersion blender to it and blend it well over the stove-top.
6. Add a little extra whipped cream on top with a pinch more spice. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your morning!
This creates 3 servings of Keto Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte. Each serving comes out to be 136.28 Calories, 19.83g Fats, 2.49g Net Carbs, and 0.68g Protein.
|Keto Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 cups coffee, strong and fresh brewed||5||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 cup coconut milk (from the carton)||46||45.1||1.99||1||0.99||0|
|¼ cup pumpkin puree||21||0.17||4.96||1.8||3.16||0.67|
|2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend||12.84||0.18||3.46||1.86||1.6||0.24|
|½ teaspoon cinnamon||6||0.02||1.05||0.7||0.35||0.05|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.53||0||0.53||0|
|2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream||102||10.82||0.82||0||0.82||0.85|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|15 drops liquid Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|