You can’t go past these low-carb Keto Pizza Stuffed Bell Peppers for a simple and nutritious weekday meal. This recipe uses green bell peppers, which are sliced in half; pop them in a baking dish, then combine delicious Italian sausage, pepperoni, and readymade marinara sauce. Top them with mozzarella and slide them into a hot oven. Ten minutes later, you have low-carb pizza heaven, dripping with sauce and melted cheese and garnished with fresh basil to send your taste buds into overdrive.
Everybody needs pizza in their life; so this is a great way to keep a classic favorite on the menu while you focus on hitting healthy weight targets. Green peppers contain vitamin C and have high iron content. They are also rich in vitamin K and folate to keep your blood healthy, provide a healing boost, and keep your bones strong.
You could swap out green bell peppers here with any other color – they all have great nutritional value, and half a cup contains only 3 grams of carbohydrates, making them a Keto superfood. You can also swap out the sausage and pepperoni with whatever protein you fancy; basically, whatever topping you like on your pizza is going to be great here, so long as it’s low carb.
Keto Pizza Stuffed Bell Peppers look stunning on the table, so pop them together next time you have guests over. You can stuff your peppers in the morning and leave them refrigerated; just preheat the oven and slide them in when you are ready to impress. We like these served with a crispy garden salad for a well-rounded low-carb meal.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 8 ounce mild Italian sausage, cooked
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup low carb tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut the green bell peppers in half and remove the seeds and stem. Place the cut and de-seeded peppers in a cast iron skillet.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked Italian sausage, pepperoni, half of the mozzarella, and tomato sauce. Mix to combine well.
4. Using a spoon, evenly distribute the mixture into the bell peppers.
5. Using the rest of the mozzarella cheese, add it to the top of the peppers. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or when the cheese has melted and the peppers are soft.
6. Garnish with basil. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Pizza Stuffed Peppers. Each serving comes out to be 416 calories, 32.6g fat, 6.3g net carbs, and 22.1g protein.
|2.00 large green bell pepper||52||0.4||12.1||4.4||7.7||2.2|
|8.00 ounce mild Italian sausage||699||59.8||5||2.5||2.5||32.4|
|0.50 cup pepperoni||348||31.9||0.8||0||0.8||13.3|
|1.00 cup low-carb tomato sauce||59||0.5||14.2||3.7||10.5||3|
|1.50 cup mozzarella cheese||504||37.6||3.7||0||3.7||37.3|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh basil||1||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|
|Per Serving (/4)||416||32.6||9||2.7||6.3||22.1|