Craving sandwiches, but haven’t had anything to replace the bread since you started keto? Well, look no further than these savory pickle sandwiches!
All the classics of a “regular” sandwich, just keto-friendly using the pickles on the outside as the bun. I used dill pickles for this dish so they are the perfect taste of sweet but salty and juicy yet crunchy. Whip these up in 10 minutes or less for lunch or a savory snack.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Pickle Sandwiches
- 4 large dill pickle
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 ounce deli sliced turkey
- 2 ounce italian dry salami
- 1 medium fresh tomato, sliced
- 2 ounce iceberg lettuce
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Cut each pickle in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds of the pickle and then some so it makes a little boat where you can easily put the mayonnaise and mustard without it squeezing out the sides of the sandwich.
3. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and mustard together. Put this on one side of the pickle, where you scooped the seeds out from.
4. Place the turkey, salami, tomato slices, lettuce leaves, cheese, and onion on top of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place the other half of the pickle on top. Secure it down with a toothpick, and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Pickle Sandwiches. Each serving comes out to be 494 calories, 40.7g fat, 8.3g net carbs, and 21.8g protein.
|4.00 large dill pickle||65||1.6||13||5.4||7.6||2.7|
|4.00 tablespoon mayonnaise||374||41.2||0.3||0||0.3||0.5|
|1.50 teaspoon yellow mustard||5||0.3||0.5||0.3||0.1||0.3|
|2.00 ounce Deli Sliced Turkey||61||1||0||0||0||13.2|
|2.00 ounce italian dry salami||214||18||0.4||0||0.4||12|
|1.00 medium fresh tomatoes||22||0.3||4.8||1.5||3.3||1.1|
|2.00 ounce iceberg lettuce||8||0.1||1.7||0.7||1||0.5|
|2.00 ounce cheddar cheese||229||18.9||1.8||0||1.8||13|
|0.25 medium red onion||10||0||2.4||0.3||2.1||0.3|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||494||40.7||12.4||4.1||8.3||21.8|