This one-skillet dinner will have you drooling, I promise. Especially if you love cheesesteak! We substitute the ribeye for less expensive ground beef but feel free to use the traditional cut of meat as well. The ground beef is simmered with beef broth, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and seasoning.
We also added some cauliflower to round out the recipe. No side dishes necessary, this is really a one and done meal. The final touch is a layer of melted provolone cheese. Try not to fight over the cheese pulls as you plate this meal for your family!
Yields 5 servings of Keto Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup half and half
- 10 slices provolone cheese
1. Dice half of the onion, then thinly slice the other half. Preheat a large skillet, then add the olive oil. Once the oil has heated up add half of the onion, the garlic, and half of the green bell pepper. Saute for a few minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
2. Add the ground beef then season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and half the black pepper. Use a potato masher to break the beef up into crumbles.
3. Cover the pan then cook for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally until the beef is completely cooked through.
4. Stir in the beef broth, cauliflower, onions, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Simmer for another 15 minutes, then smash the cauliflower down into smaller pieces.
5. Turn the heat off then stir in the half and half. Season with remaining black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
6. Lay the provolone slices on top, then cover with a lid and allow the cheese to melt before serving.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Keto Philly Cheesesteak Skillet. Each serving comes out to be 535.74 Calories, 35.64g Fats, 8.72g Net Carbs, and 42.74g Protein.
|Philly Cheesesteak Skillet||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||14||0||0||0||0|
|1 medium onion||41||0.2||9.5||1.3||8.2||1.3|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic||8.3||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|1 cup diced green bell pepper||38||0.3||9||1.6||7.4||1.2|
|1 pound ground beef||1233||79||0||0||0||122|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper||1.4||0||0.4||0.1||0.3||0.1|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder||2.6||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|
|¼ teaspoon onion powder||2||0||0.5||0.1||0.4||0.1|
|½ cup beef broth||8.4||0.3||0.1||0||0.1||1.4|
|1 pound cauliflower florets||104||2||19||10||9||8.3|
|8 ounces sliced mushrooms||64||1.1||12||5||7||4.9|
|¼ cup half and half||74||6.3||2.9||0||2.9||1.9|
|10 slices provolone cheese||983||75||6||0||6||72|