A lot of keto quiches skip the crust for simplicity reasons, but it’s perfectly doable to have your crust and eat it too. For this recipe, we put a simple crust together then pack it full of eggs and pizza toppings. This keto pepperoni pizza quiche will have you dreaming of breakfast.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Pepperoni Pizza Quiche
The Pie Crust:
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 large egg, whisked together
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, xanthan gum, and vinegar into a food processor. Pulse a few times, then add the cold butter. Continue pulsing until the pie dough looks like bread crumbs. Add in the beaten egg and pulse again until the dough comes together into a ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for 45-60 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a pie plate and a piece of foil with nonstick spray then set aside.
3. When the dough is chilled, place it between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the dough out into a 10-inch circle. (More circles if you are making more than one pie.) Peel the top layer of parchment off and flip the dough into the pie plate if the dough breaks mash it back together with your fingers.
4. Layer half of the mozzarella and pepperoni inside the pie crust. In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper together.
5. Pour the eggs into the pie crust, coating the pepperoni and cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
6. Cover with foil then bake for about 35-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until the eggs are fully set.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Pepperoni Pizza Quiche. Each serving comes out to be 174.77 Calories, 13.27g Fats, 7.07g Net Carbs, and 6.52g Protein.
|Keto Blueberry Pancake Bites||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 large eggs||286||19||1.4||0||1.4||25|
|¼ cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract||6||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|½ cup coconut flour||304||12||36||6||30||13|
|¼ cup butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||2.4||1.3||0||1.3||0|
|¼ teaspoon cinnamon||1.6||0||0.5||0.3||0.2||0|
|½ cup frozen blueberries||42||0.2||11||1.8||9.2||0.6|