This recipe provides a fun spin on chia pudding. Instead of it just being one flavor, we’re layering several to create a Neapolitan style dessert.
First, we create the base chia seed pudding recipe. Then we divide it up into three bowls and create the vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavors. If you want to dress this up like the pictures, then layer some thinly sliced strawberries inside. You can top with whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder too. We also added a touch of pink gel food coloring to the strawberry layer, but you can skip this if the color of the pudding is not important to you.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Neapolitan Chia Pudding
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium strawberries, diced
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Optional: Pink gel food coloring
Optional Toppings: whipped cream, cocoa powder, and strawberries
1. In a bowl, mix the chia seeds, almond milk, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
2. Evenly divide the chia seed mixture into three bowls.
3. In one bowl, add in the cocoa powder then mix. Taste and adjust the sweetness if desired.
4. Microwave the strawberries for about 30 seconds to soften, then mash with a fork. Mix into another one of the chia seed bowls. You can add some pink gel food coloring if you want a stronger color.
5. You should now have vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry layers. Use small glasses then layer a bit of each color inside. I like to do chocolate, strawberry, then vanilla. Use some sliced strawberries along the sides of the glass for the middle layer.
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Neapolitan Chia Pudding. Each serving comes out to be 187.07 Calories, 11.47g Fats, 4.53g Net Carbs, and 6.27g Protein.
|Keto Neapolitan Chia Pudding||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup chia seeds||467||30||40||33||7||16|
|1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk||45||3.9||1.7||1||0.7||1.6|
|2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract||12||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|4 medium strawberries, diced||23.2||0.2||5.5||1.4||4.1||0.5|
|2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder||14||0.3||2||0.7||1.3||0.7|